Inish Carraig - incoming!

Jo Zebedee

Aliens vs Belfast.
Supporter
I am finally in the position to confirm that Inish Carraig will be released soon. (Hopefully early July.)

I have a copy edit to get by Sam Primeau and the lovely Gary is producing a cover for me. In the meantime I'll pick all the spers' brains!

The tagline:

In post-alien invasion Belfast humanity has been defeated. Pity no one told the locals.

Are you doing e-book only? Cool news though Jo, I am looking forward to it

Are you doing e-book only? Cool news though Jo, I am looking forward to it

That's the sort of thing I just need to think about. Ideally, I'd like to do a small print run because I'm at a con in Belfast in Sept which should sell a few, but it depends on cost. If not, I'll look into print on demand.

Any recs for print on demand services? And how do I set it up - through Amazon or separately?

Ideally, I'd like to do a small print run because I'm at a con in Belfast in Sept which should sell a few, but it depends on cost. If not, I'll look into print on demand.

My understanding is that "a small print run" translates to POD anyway -- you just buy the copies for yourself (at a discount).

HB is right. Whichever provider you set it up with as POD, you can also buy copies. I think Lulu might be you best bet as I was jumping through hoops to get an account at LS. Also bear in mind postage. Createspace is US, not sure on Lulu though!

hahah, I've been formatting anything new with no tabs, just the first line indent and have to manually remove the first line of each chapter formatting so it doesn't indent. 'There has to be a better way!!'

In Word the easiest way is use the ruler. Highlight all text (ctr A) and then set the indent with the ruler. Other ways is to do it in paragraph.

Yes I use the paragraph feature. I was just meaning the first line of the new scene or chapter that I don't want to indent, I have to manually remove formatting to have it not indent. I figured there must be a less manual way.

Sorry for a derail Jo, but you started it ;)

My son is on Amazon, Smashwords and has done paperback & hardbacks (small print run IS simply discounted POD).

He claims to be selling a few a day ...

Making eBooks from Word needs a different set of format rules to PDF, Publisher submission, etc. There are a few tricks too.