Death Note

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Am currently watching the Death Note anime, after my eldest daughter insisted. Love the artwork, and the story is interesting.

At the moment doing 2 episodes at a time, then an episode of Watchmen animated comic after. :)

Distinctly odd story. Since you're still watching I won't spoil it but just say that it's important (IMO) to note who are the most evil characters and the most terrifying

I enjoyed about half of it, then I lost interest :(.

Let me know when you have finished (I know the rest of the story) and we can talk more!

I read the Death Note manga and IIRC, anime is pretty much the same. I loved it,
but there are many events incoming that didn't really sit well with me.

I enjoyed about half of it, then I lost interest :(.

Let me know when you have finished (I know the rest of the story) and we can talk more!

Yeah. This is just how I feel about it.

It's a great anime, with some very creative ideas and complicated developments. It was fun to watch, but like the previous posters, I felt the second half didn't work as well. Definitely worth the time, though. What I love about anime is a lot of the concepts seem too far-fetched at first glance, but when the writers consistently follow those absurd ideas and draw logical conclusions based on them, it makes an otherwise ridiculous world come to life and draw you in. Anime taught me not to dismiss a story based on the concept at the heart of the setting.

I always wanted to see what would happen if someone with a Death Notebook encountered someone with a Hell Girl doll.

Spoiler Alert

The main thing I find fascinating is how the only ones with any real humanity are the Shinigami, the gods of death.