In which I make my mum proud...

Scoop!

And, bless, a link to chrons. :)

Another one coming tomorrow with another nice link for you. :)

We're talking about the power of community - the call for debut authors was brought to my attention by someone who follows me on Twitter and is really kind in letting me know things that might be of use (bloggers and review sites and what not.) I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. Support is so invaluable.

So amazing how much attention you've gained in such a short time. I bet you're very excited.

I am very excited. I'm also slightly exhausted around the edges - it's been a lot of work. Actually, I'm editing while waiting for a newspaper to phone me about a signing session in a couple of weeks, and another one to post up a nice write up they did this week, which all feels slightly surreal. The market for sci fi in Northern Ireland isn't huge, and there aren't that many writing it, so to get into something like Culture NI is really good, especially since I'm also stocked in a few local bookshops (and selling, apparently - one emailed me this morning with an update on that.)

But I'm also lucky, and I know it. I have a skills bent that allows me to chat and get out and meet people and generally do okay - which is mostly because I've worked in customer-facing roles for years. I think it is something that, if a writer feels able to do it, they should try. Because word of mouth is, as Teresa advises regularly, key, especially for a first book. :)

Wow, it looks like your efforts are really paying off. Good work, Jo!

Fingers crossed. :)

It turns out the paper want to do a feature and a photo shoot. My house is, shall we say, lived in (I have a youngish family and spend time I should be doing housework writing) so my mum is kindly allowing me to use her lovely house and will also entertain the kids who are off school for me. Now, wardrobe raiding.... :D

So, I've had my interview with a Sunday paper. It went well, I think, although we'll see on Sunday. I suspect suburban mum of two pens dark, gritty sci fi might be the angle that's coming out about me in general. I shall have to practice my evil laugh. :D

So, I've had my interview with a Sunday paper. It went well, I think, although we'll see on Sunday. I suspect suburban mum of two pens dark, gritty sci fi might be the angle that's coming out about me in general. I shall have to practice my evil laugh. :D
Why do I think that you have a very evil laugh indeed? ;)

This is all wonderful Jo! Maybe my copy shows up today?