Just bought Jo's book!

mgilmour

Author of The Mindwars
Jo, this one's for you :)
I've just purchased your book and look forward to reading it.
Just to let you know I've plastered the photo all around the place; Published it up on SFFAuthors, sent it out to thousands of facebook and twitter followers and I'll put it up on my own authors website at michaeligilmour.com

Hopefully this will help generate some more interest in your novel.

Go for it!!

8bfb3994b7a2ea823d546023.jpg

Well done Mr G. You have suddenly become my hero.

We want a review now or the darkside will come for you :)

Well done Mr G. You have suddenly become my hero.

We want a review now or the darkside will come for you :)
LOL! Already started reading it.
I hope that the darkside doesn't come for me.....LOL!
I just think that if we all did this sort of thing then it would really get our various books out there. It's amazing how many times the picture was picked up and retweeted, commented etc. All this should help Jo get some more sales which is great as far as I'm concerned. :)

LOL! Already started reading it.
I hope that the darkside doesn't come for me.....LOL!
I just think that if we all did this sort of thing then it would really get our various books out there. It's amazing how many times the picture was picked up and retweeted, commented etc. All this should help Jo get some more sales which is great as far as I'm concerned. :)

Thanks, Michael! I think we (as in the Chrons-hive) had this discussion once about how we can best support each other and it varied according to strengths. I'll beta short pieces a lot, nibble queries, retweet what I see, share on facebook, and I'm getting better at reviewing.

But eg beta reading bleeds into my reading time so, ironically, I buy less books. Which adds more? I think, probably, a willing, experienced beta is hard to find and potentially the more valuable.

You're a whizz at marketing - it's amazing if that can be used for support. It's important we all support each other in the various ways we can. That's what I love about the chrons - we all bring our own strengths and time and support and make a balanced community for it. (Well, all right, balanced....)

On twitter if you use the hashtag #sffchrons it's a group tag that some of us try to keep an eye on and retweet. That's been useful in the past.

That's wonderful, Michael. It certainly demonstrates how those who have a good web presence can help each other (and maybe help those who are more shy but contribute to the community in other ways, like those valuable Beta readers).

That's wonderful, Michael. It certainly demonstrates how those who have a good web presence can help each other (and maybe help those who are more shy but contribute to the community in other ways, like those valuable Beta readers).
It often doesn't take much....a tweet here, a post there. I find that if you are in it for the long-term then it's more about consistency. For example, I just tweeted again about Abendau's Heir that I'm really enjoying the first few chapters.
I am absolutely convinced that if I do whatever I can for other authors (eg. SFFAuthors) then ultimately it will help me. It's the principle of "Enlightened Self-Interest" that EE Doc Smith talked about in Subspace Explorers. So if there are any authors out there that subscribe to the same principle then let's help each other out. :)