Gotham S122 - All Happy Families Are Alike

ctg

weaver of the unseen
As Gotham City’s gang war reaches its boiling point, Fish Mooney goes head-to-head with Maroni and Penguin in an attempt to re-stake her claim on the city. Meanwhile, Barbara and Leslie Thompkins are brought together after recent events, and Bruce searches Wayne Manor for any clues that his father might have left behind.

WdUaBTj.jpg

When I started the original thread with speculation in regards of Gotham survivability I thought it would only last a season before Fox cancels it. After this season final I'm not sure if it should get a second season even though the producers have already signed the contract. The reason is that the Gotham feels like it's out of place and time. It isn't situated any time we can identify clearly, and it certainly doesn't feel like it's situated in the same universe as CW's Arrow and The Flash even though the villains are pretty much the same.

So that dream is shattered. Maybe permanently unless Fox opens a talk with the CW's producers to bring all these splintered universes together. I don't think that's going to happen any time soon, do you?

Any ways, it was voiced some time ago that Gotham is focusing in this season at Rise of the Penguin, and they delivered on that promise quite magnificently ... even if some of the things in this episode were a bit wooden, if not unbelievable.

Barbara's decent into the darkness is certainly one of them and although I want to believe that Gordon married her despite everything that came between them two, it's not going to happen. Instead Barbara stays quite firmly in the category of I don't think that could have happened to her. Not in the DC universe, and no matter how dark Gotham becomes ... unless they explain her mental breakdown rationally in next season.

I just don't see that to happen.

But I have to say that most of what they have shown are amazing and very fitting to Batman settings. And it'll be a pleasure (hopefully) to see new chapter opening with Joker taking over the city from Penguin.

<< OFFTOPIC >>

I don't know what happened to Jesse, and why he stopped coming here week after a week, and I really don't want to speculate. But ... I want to say I for one appreciated his enthusiasm with getting on with the business. Thank you :)

<< /OFFTOPIC >>

Remember Gotham is a show about the past. There can be no crossover with other DC shows in terms of the heroes because Batman was around before all the rest except Superman. They could have a young Oliver Queen go to Gotham with his father and provide help with Wayne Enterprises or other business, but it needs to be along those lines. The craziness of Barbara helps show where their son James Jr. gets his psychotic tendencies. Look forward to season 2.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jeffbert Gotham 2
Jeffbert Gotham 8
ctg Gotham 5
ctg Gotham 7
Jesse412 Gotham 3