How long did it take for you to get hooked on ASOIAF?

I always take off dust covers to avoid them getting ripped, but there is the added bonus of them looking nicer too.

I was hooked on this series(ASOIAF) about 30 pages in.I read each book as it came out. Each time one of the main characters got killed off,I vowed
to stop reading them.I kept going though,as I always wanted to know what was going to happen to the other characters.
My favourite characters are Tyrion and Arya.

I am the post necromancer!

Halfway through the prologue I knew I was screwed. I almost failed my semi-finals and almost missed my paperworks at school hahahahhaha.

I was given a copy of AGOT back in 2000 by a friend when i was looking for a new series to read. When I asked for a suggestion he threw a paperback copy of AGOT in my lap and told me to keep it as he owned a HC copy now. It was the day after ASOS came out, and he was super excited! He had already finished half of ASOS and really wanted me to read the series so he could have someone to discuss it with.

I was drawn in during the prologue, and hooked after a few chapters.

I can't believe I never responded to this question, so better late than never.

I knew I was going to read the series after the prologue. I was hooked when that certain event happened about three quarters of the way into a Got. That was the time that I realized that this was going to be very very special and I couldn't get enough. I Will say though, that I had difficulty getting into a feast for crows. I wasn't in love with the Iron Islands or Dorne (initially) And I missed the characters that were excluded from that book. I don't want to say too much for fear that someone will be spoiled.

I can't believe I never responded to this question, so better late than never.

I knew I was going to read the series after the prologue. I was hooked when that certain event happened about three quarters of the way into a Got. That was the time that I realized that this was going to be very very special and I couldn't get enough. I Will say though, that I had difficulty getting into a feast for crows. I wasn't in love with the Iron Islands or Dorne (initially) And I missed the characters that were excluded from that book. I don't want to say too much for fear that someone will be spoiled.
I found it that both Iron Islands and Dorne plot-lines improve on a reread.

I too initially thought what in the world is this about? Didn't like it but the new characters grew on me with each re-read
Yup. It was just a matter of initial disappointment over not having the favourites included and being left in the dark about what was happening with them.

Only started reading the books after the end of the last TV Season. Currently half way through A Feast for Crows.

Kept hearing about Game of Thrones and avoided watching it because, well, I was told I should watch it lol. Then while channel hopping I came across the fight scene between Jaime and Ned - and that was that!

Only started reading the books after the end of the last TV Season. Currently half way through A Feast for Crows.

Kept hearing about Game of Thrones and avoided watching it because, well, I was told I should watch it lol. Then while channel hopping I came across the fight scene between Jaime and Ned - and that was that!
As you aren't done with all the books yet, be careful of spoilers. The books and TV show start differing greatly around where you are in aDD. :)

I'm currently about 3/4 of the way through A Storm of Swords. I decided to see what all the fuss was about a few months ago, so I downloaded the sample from Amazon and bought it before I finished the prologue.

I was given a copy of AGOT back in 2000 by a friend when i was looking for a new series to read. When I asked for a suggestion he threw a paperback copy of AGOT in my lap and told me to keep it as he owned a HC copy now. It was the day after ASOS came out, and he was super excited! He had already finished half of ASOS and really wanted me to read the series so he could have someone to discuss it with.

I was drawn in during the prologue, and hooked after a few chapters.
I was like your friend, so hooked I had to have someone to discuss it with! I managed to hook both of my sons but my husband couldn't get into the POV jumps. Then the series came out and it hooked him, he has since read through my books at least three times!

My other half keeps stalling. By way of a trade I have voluntarily watched BBC adaptations of Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma and North and South.

She does love the tv series but I just can't get her to start the books!