POI: 4.21: Asylum

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
After the recent episodes it was back to the main story arcs in a big way this week, but I thought there was a little too much going on at once. I would have rather they took more time over each piece in separate episodes instead of jam-packing all three story threads together.

Elias versus the Brotherhood: I'm not sure what Elias hopes/hoped to achieve. Does he really feel that getting revenge by having Dominic kill his own second in command is worth dying for? If Dominic knew the truth about the two super-computers he would probably shoot himself.

Control has really bought into the whole Samaritan story now. There was no stopping her from her goal. The motives of the Samaritan agents are a little strange to me though. I believe that there might be the odd few people who would believe the world would be better run by a super-computer, but I think they would be far and few. However, someone at the White House believes it, but Control shot Shelly before she said who.

And Root and 'the man with several aliases all related to birds' were working together again, but off to an obvious trap in an attempt to free Shaw. They were captured but Shaw had already been moved. The Machine was forced into revealing its location to free them, but Root did get to kill Martine. The best parts were Finch as a patient and finding Samaritan's Headquarters. I'm still not sold on the Machine having a single location though, I imagined it as being disseminated among proxy servers throughout the world. Taking down one server would be like some brain cell dying after a bad night out.

I thought this one was number 20, not 21. Anyways, I loved about the fact that they used Shaw in this one as a device to trap Root, and consequently Harold in the Samatarian HQ. But what is more interesting is the map that they showed at the end about The Machine location.

PpKrTUP.jpg

I cannot believe it's only that when The Machine has shown being able to tap into the feeds all over the world. Although that can be explained by the access to the NSA feeds, it cannot explain its access to those feeds that are still outside NSA's reach. Also all this time I was certain that it would had used hiding inside Samaritan in greater effect. Maybe even establishing a permanent foothold inside its worst enemy.

Another thing is that Samaritan's next move is situated to happen at same day, when Russia is unveiling new items in the Victory Day Parade on May 6th, and it only make to think that the Evil Ai (tm) is aiming to conduct a small scale nuclear attack, or at least playing a crucial plan on purifying the world from unnecessary people. People that it knows to be hindering blocks on its plan on pacifying the world, and brainwashing the people follow its further agendas.

So Harold is right when he asked: "How long will it take before you are unimportant to its plans?"

I cannot for one second believe Greer is so suicidal that he would take Samaritan's termination order with a smug smile on his face.

After the recent episodes it was back to the main story arcs in a big way this week, but I thought there was a little too much going on at once. I would have rather they took more time over each piece in separate episodes instead of jam-packing all three story threads together.
I thought so, too. It was almost as if the producers were trying to make up the time lost with the ghost of Carter episode.

Funny, with the addition of a hat and the subtraction of eyeglasses, how a supergenius like Finch can so easily be transformed into a mentally questionable Birdman.

Control's session with Shelly got to be a bit much. I liked the transformation that came over Shelly's face when she was presented with the White House photo and she finally dropped the helpless mommy facade. I expected a maniacal laugh as she declared the coming new world order just before Control shot her.

I was happy to seen the side mirror image of Shaw as confirmation of life. Up until then, I had thought Root might simply be chasing a well-crafted Samaritan illusion fueled by her own renewed hope.