Agents of SHIELD 2x17 Melinda

J-Sun

Never started a Shield thread.

Skye continues learning at her secret retreat - and boy does she learn a lot. And we learn about Melinda May's "Cavalry" experience.

Kyle MacLachlan is pretty damned good. "I'm a psychopathic murdering freak and a really nice guy." - "Skye doesn't know when her birthday is." - "I do!" :) The whole family drama of the retreat was pretty intense. And, while it was obvious to me who the real problem was, which took some of the oomph out of the story, I thought the May flashback was pretty effective. I actually wouldn't have minded them never telling that and just letting us use our imaginations, but it was still pretty good. And I liked the Fitz/Coulson/newguy background story. And I get the feeling this is tying in to the Next Big Movie now, so should get pretty intense. Good stuff - better than lately even.

Good enough for season 3 and beyond. (y)

The episode was a huge insight into Melinda. How will Coulson find and get Grant Ward to do what he needs? or Jemma cover giving Fitz Coulson's box? And how will things play out after May 1, when Ultron strikes?

Loved the way May's backstory in Bahrain was connected to the "power people" plot.

And with the dinner at the end I almost felt tearful. That was some wonderful character development.

I love the human stories in this episode, full stop.