Best China Mieville book?

I LOVE Embassytown. A must for anyone interested in language and how it forms us. I liked The City and the City but just didn't get on with Kraken which was chock full of so many amazing ideas it didn't feel like it ever really knew what it was trying to say. Others have said it already but I'd start with PSS.

It's a while since I read any China Mieville. My favourite was 'The Scar'. I loved the language of the prologue, and read that part over and over. Great maritime setting. I remember enjoying 'The City and The City'. I have 'Railsea' which I did not like so much. It is well written but I found the idea of a whole landscape covered by railtracks to be a bit far-fetched, and the ending did not work so well for me. I have probably read one or two more of his from the public library but I do not remember now.

I tried one of CM's books and didn't like it, I can't remember the title. It was a long time ago.
But then I read Kraken, and I really enjoyed it.

Ah,I've just remembered the one I didn't enjoy. It was The City and The City.:rolleyes: