Marvel's Daredevil

I should have said in the above that I thought
the killing of Ben Urich was a bit of a waste for a good character. In fact there were a number of characters that were killed that seemed a waste - but then that is one of the strengths of the show making the characters good enough that it seems a waste when they kill 'em. (Wesley and Owlsley - if he is dead...) [/spolier]

@Brian Turner - Will we be getting a dedicated folder for DAREDEVIL since they'll be doing a second season and likely more? (Plus there's THE DEFENDERS coming up.)

Okay, when we start to come up to a second season, I'll look at it then - that way you can post individual episode threads for it. :)

I saw that this morning too.

With three other series to come + the Defenders I wondered if this could be a back door pilot for another Marvel Netflix collaboration?

Just finished binge watching this series over the weekend. It's honestly better than any superhero TV show has a right to be. It's just damn good television. So much of which looks like a comic page come to life. The fight choreography is insane. They really nailed the action throughout. The direction is superb and there was some really inventive camera work and editing during some of the fight scenes. The casting is excellent and there are some fantastic performances. Vincent D'Onofrio steals every scene he's in and he is completely transformed as Wilson Fisk on screen. The costume reveal and final fight scene were epic. I really can not wait to watch season 2!

It’s fair to say that Marvel’s Daredevil series on Netflix was full of top notch performances, from its hero to its villains, and the supporting cast, too. Rosario Dawson’s Claire (inspired partly by the Night Nurse character from the comics) was a particular highlight. She’ll be back for season 2, and has been discussing the show recently.

“I’m looking forward to seeing where [Claire] goes,” she said of her character, “because her eyes have been opened up to this other world — and she’s crossed the line. You know, this is someone who helps people, and she’s been violent now, but seeing the need for it.”

“I think there’s a lot that she’s having to grapple with, and I think that’s what’s exciting about using this show to explore street-level characters: it makes it that much more closer to us,” she added.

Speaking of the changes from the comics, and her reasons for joining the show, she said this: “even just having Night Nurse and Claire Temple come together was already changing the Marvel Universe. So it just feels like, A) I finally get to join Marvel. I get to do it in a way that’s completely altering the universe, which is awesome. And then, B) I have no idea where it’s going to go, because here I was having a fling with Matt Murdock, and now Luke Cage is coming up, and Jessica Jones.”

Of the addition of the Punisher to the cast, she said “that’s going to raise the stakes so much more, because Matt Murdock almost behaves like the Punisher in the first season. [Matt] crosses the line quite often, so it’s going to be really interesting to see how they differentiate them and where that goes.”
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/daredevil/35845/marvels-daredevil-rosario-dawson-discusses-season-2

Any word from Marvel or Netflix on a DVD / Blu-ray release of season 1?
I would really love to rewatch this with commentary.

Yep, great show. In the last year there's only been two new shows I care for. This, and of course, the wonderful Gotham. Looking forward to season two of both shows.

Finally finished watching this! I love Charlie Cox as Daredevil, in part because he looks so normal, like someone you might actually run into on the street. He's not some towering, muscled hunk. And that makes it all the more believable that no one connects the bruises and cuts to his 'out of office' moonlighting. Because he doesn't look like he'd be a superhero, just the blind lawyer he's supposed to be.

Looking forward to the next phase in this particular project, Jessica Jones on Nov 20th.

Finally finished watching this! I love Charlie Cox as Daredevil, in part because he looks so normal, like someone you might actually run into on the street. He's not some towering, muscled hunk. And that makes it all the more believable that no one connects the bruises and cuts to his 'out of office' moonlighting. Because he doesn't look like he'd be a superhero, just the blind lawyer he's supposed to be.

You wouldn't think he looked 'normal' and non-hunk-like given the way some female fans are drooling over him. I have seen some hilarious cringeworthy puns on the efficacy of form-fitting black trousers on his posterior...

But yes - he isn't movie-star handsome and so looks pretty normal and believable as a lawyer.

ypykmsooyzccfuwqd0h3.png

Wilson Fisk, the villain that started it all, is going to be back in action in Daredevil’s next season—a welcome but unsurprising move, given what we know about the comic book saga that will inspire Matt Murdock’s next solo outing.

The news of Vincent D’Onofrio’s return for Daredevil’s third season was first revealed to Deadline today, alongside the news that Erik Oleson (executive producer on Man in the High Castle and Arrow) will be replacing Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez as showrunner.

D’Onofrio has long said he’s been open to making a return to the series, and it was obvious ever since Fisk’s incarceration at the end of Daredevil season one—and his brief re-appearance in season two—that one of the Man without Fear’s greatest foes would return to the show. But it also makes a ton of sense given what we saw at the end of The Defenders, which faux-killed-off Matt (at least to his friends and fellow heroes) in order to set up him being nursed back to health in a Catholic convent.
https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-kingpin-will-return-to-menace-hells-kitchen-in-dare-1819837408