What should I read after I've finished A Dance with Dragons

Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series was really good, the sequel trilogy not so much :(

I would rather put pins in my eyes than read Goodkind - it becomes especially bad a few books in. The moral celerity becomes too much for this noble goat to bear.

Raymond E. Feist's Riftwar Saga is and always will be in my top 3 favorite series,the others being Dune and Tolkien. The whole Riftwar Cycle is about 30 books, enough to keep some people occupied for years (Or a few months if you read like i do), but it's the original trilogy that I highly Recommend.

I will always have a soft spot for Feist. If you haven't read it already the Empire series which is co writeen by Janny Wurts is one of the best of Feist books.

i liked magician from feist, as well as some other books. but once you read a certain number of books of him. Feist tends to become repetitive. I am certain i have read the exact same line being written in quite a few of his books for example when characters meet up and inform each other of their tidings. Feist is a recommendation in tolkien storylike books but in moderation for me.

Yeah it does get kind of laboured, Jimmy, Jim, Dasher - all basically the same archetype for each generational retelling, this is one of Feists biggest weaknesses IMO. The other being that he occasionally forgets who is who and who they are related to. I still love Magician and most things he wrote though!

It's so strange, I love Feist despite all of his flaws and really dislike Goodkind for all of his flaws, I suppose I would rather the flaws be accidental than purposeful.

Just my thoughts! :)

Yeah, from my first post in this thread... when I could appreciate Abercrombie's work, but not like it... and now I like it. I like it a lot.