David Gemmell biography?

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
I've been looking for a David Gemmell biography of biography on Amazon - however, I've not been able to find any so far.

Does anyone have any pointers?

Sorry Brian but I've never heard of a biography of David Gemmell. If there is one I'd love to know where I could get hold of a copy...

I've been all over the place piling up info and resources on David's life, and have never come accross a proper biography (over than fan made webpages of course)...

I think maybe it's time we put one together...

Interested in participating? PM me so we can put this together! ;)

Yeah, I know it would be a massive job, but I'm in no rush, wouldn't mind if it took 10 years really. :)

I only write the content on my site, not much of an internet geek... /:

Someone handles the site for me, and puts up things to monetize it to pay for hosting and stuff... Not sure why I need a mailing list TBH...

I'll talk to him and see if we can change that quickly and make everything freely available, I'm not sure it helps at all really to ask people to sign up...

Thanks for pointing it out! :)

A proper David Gemmell biography could be quite interesting but would probably involve an awful lot of interviewing surviving friends and family. I don't think there's even one interview with Stella Gemmell out there, which seems a shame.

Yes, that would be a lot of work, but not an unpleasant way of keeping busy. :)

I have been looking for a Stella interview too a while ago. I'll need to check my files, but I don't recall anything noticeable either...
I haven't touched this for like a year though. So I'll pull all that out this week-end if I get the time and keep you posted on that.
(Don't hesitate to throw in a PM if I forget!)

I do have quite a few interviews of David I think, and maybe a couple from his friends too, and I'm sure the guys from the Gemmell Awards would be cool with a proper David Gemmell published biography. I think they might be interested to participate (or even pull together to work on it themselves, quite surprised they haven't yet really). I don't see any reason why they wouldn't...

If you have Stella's mail or phone number someone, throw it in! :p
I do have quite a few questions for her...

Send her a letter Care Of the publishers of The City. If she's interested she'll get back to you. But don't get your hopes up, from what I can tell Mr Gemmell was a very private man and I get the feeling Stella might feel he would not have approved...

Send her a letter Care Of the publishers of The City. If she's interested she'll get back to you. But don't get your hopes up, from what I can tell Mr Gemmell was a very private man and I get the feeling Stella might feel he would not have approved...
I do have the same feeling, so I will not rush this.
The goal here is to spread the love of David's work more than anything else, and I guess Stella might see this as someone trying to make money or a name for himself using David's fame...
So I'll need to plan this carefully...

BTW, didn't find the time to dig out all my interviews and other resources this week-end, nor look more deeply at the Legend video game... :(
But will do ASAP, promise.