Looking for Ray Bradbury Summer Morning,Summer Night!

RayNeil

Close to the borderline....
I'm an italian classic science fiction lover: Farmer,Dick,Matheson,Sturgeon and most of all ....Ray Bradbury ( and his "son" Neil Gaiman).
I have almost everything Bradbury wrote,bat I could't find Summer Morning,Summer Night!
And what about Martian Cronicles Complete Ediction? I wish to have it,but it cost about 1000 €!!!! :O(

Hi there

Can't help you with finding the book, I'm afraid. However, I'll move this over to General Book Discussion to see if anyone there has any ideas where you might be able to find it. (Book Search is really aimed at those wanting to re-read a book they recall only in part and they need help tracking down the book's title and author.)

Good luck in your quest!

Hi there

Can't help you with finding the book, I'm afraid. However, I'll move this over to General Book Discussion to see if anyone there has any ideas where you might be able to find it. (Book Search is really aimed at those wanting to re-read a book they recall only in part and they need help tracking down the book's title and author.)

Good luck in your quest!
I understand perfectly! Thank You!

You sure on title?

In Stories Volume 1 (last story ends page 956):
No Particular Night or Morning
also
The Picasso Summer
also
All Summer in a Day
(About the rain stopping, it had been raining 7 years)

In Stories Volume 2 (last story ends page 841):
The sound of Summer Running
also
All on a Summer's Night.
Grandpa gave Doug a toss toward the blazing chandelier ... He took Miss Leonora Welkes ...

The only thing I don't like about these two volumes is that it would have been better as 5 to 8 volumes, very large! Well worth getting. Two hundred Ray Bradbury short stories. Wonderful. I have 2008 ed. (published 2003 with Ray Bradbury Intro), both a well received present from my #6. Maybe Birthday 2013 or 2014, or Christmas. He never writes in books.

[Edit. Can't find my Martian Chronicles. Perhaps got left behind]

Last edited:
I'm talking about this:[GALLERY=media, 1535]Summer Morning Summer Night by RayNeil posted Mar 21, 2015 at 1:01 PM[/GALLERY]It's a short stories book in the line of Dandelion Wine...
I like the books you have but I hope someone translate them in Italian!

OK... It's a collection, not a Novel or Story title
Summer Morning, Summer Night is a 2007 collection of short stories by Ray Bradbury edited by Donn Albright and Jon Eller (first published by PS Publishing). All the stories save one are set in Green Town, Illinois, Bradbury's name for his hometown of Waukegan, Illinois. Several of the stories feature some of the characters from his 1957 book, Dandelion Wine. Some stories are less than one page long.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Morning,_Summer_Night
Many of these are in the two volume edition I have.

http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/title.cgi?872424

See also
http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/ea.cgi?194

These seem to be what I have (covers and contents match):

Ray Bradbury Stories Volume 1 (now inexpensive eBook about £2, or approx £17 paperback)
http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/pl.cgi?340440
(the contents are alphabetic, but in the book they are not)

Ray Bradbury Stories Volume 2 (now inexpensive eBook about £2, or approx £17 paperback)
http://www.isfdb.org/cgi-bin/pl.cgi?340441
(the contents are alphabetic, but in the book they are not)

You can check the links by pasting lists in spreadsheet and sorting to see how many of Summer Morning, Summer Night are in the large collection.
Or print and use highlighter.
It's possible that most are.

I thought you refer to this:[GALLERY=media, 1536]Ray Bradbury A Critical Edition vol 2 by RayNeil posted Mar 21, 2015 at 1:14 PM[/GALLERY]

Yes,and it's very expensive. More then 50 $!
They made only two books,bat they will be 7/8 in total!

And what about this?
[GALLERY=media, 1537]The Martian Chronicles The Complete Edition by RayNeil posted Mar 21, 2015 at 1:35 PM[/GALLERY] 750 $ on Amazon!!!!
Table of Contents: Introduction by John Scalzi The Martian Chronicles (Classic book) Rocket Summer Ylla The Summer Night The Earth Men The Taxpayer The Third Expedition And the Moon Be Still as Bright The Settlers The Green Moming The Locusts Night Meeting The Shore The Fire Balloons Interim The Musicians The Wilderness The Naming of Names Usher II The Old Ones The Martian The Luggage Store The Off Season The Watchers The Silent Towns The Long Years There Will Come Soft Rains The Million-Year Picnic The Other Martian Tales (uncollected/unpublished stories) The Lonely Ones The Exiles The One Who Waits The Disease (previously unpublished) Dead of Summer (previously unpublished) The Martian Ghosts (previously unpublished) Jemima True (previously unpublished) They All Had Grandfathers (previously unpublished) The Strawberry Window Way in the Middle of the Air The Other Foot The Wheel (previously unpublished) The Love Affair The Marriage (previously unpublished) The Visitor The Lost City of Mars Holiday Payment in Full The Messiah Night Call, Collect The Blue Bottle Dark They Were, and Golden Eyed Screenplays 1964 version (previously unpublished) 1997 version (previously unpublished) Essay How I Wrote My Book

Last edited:
Welcome! It's nice to have another Ray Bradbury fan here. :) What do you mean by his "son" Neil Gaiman? As much as I've heard the name, I've never read anything by him. If his style is like Bradbury, maybe I should.

Back