The Flash S115 Out of Time

Jesse412

Old Curmudgeon
Epic plane crash to open the episode. Loved seeing Cisco and Wells watching Buster Keaton. Nice showing of Weather Wizard's powers and great to see the wand actually show up. Wells' reveal to Cisco that he's Eobard Thawne was awesome. I thought the tsunami CGI looked pretty good and was surprised that Barry came clean to Iris. Barry accidentally running back in time was pretty cool and the "Oh Boy" nod to Quantum Leap made me laugh.

WTF?? :alien:

I have to confess I'm a bit confused but also intrigued about the possibility of him being a TT, and the time-frame he dropped back seems to be the event that's going to be played a few more time if Flash is going to solve the riddle of Reverse-Flash. And the thing is he doesn't know that Cisco is dead. So the conondrum is how he is going to stop that from happening if Barry decides to stay back to a certain point in time to prevent a paradox from happening.

Barry may need to go see Harrison and Caitlin at the coffee sop before Harrison has a chance to leave. I think they also need to make it very difficult for Barry to time travel or have something go terrible as a result of it. To prevent it from becoming a tool at his disposal. I mean travelling back and forth through time, striving to put right what once went wrong hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home....sorry wrong show. Ah the memories.

I just hope they don't make Cisco like Kenny in South Park where no matter what happens he dies at the end. I enjoyed this episode a lot. While I don't exactly understand the time line thing.

A really dramatic and tense episode!

BUT the moment we saw the second Flash and the anchor point of the woman demanding a taxi, I knew we'd end up with time travel and a main character death, with the former happening to prevent the latter. I just didn;t expect that it would be Cisco.

Which is really frustrating because the episode was so exciting - Dr Wells exposed and confronting Cisco, and Barry revealing himself as the Flash to Iris. But this is all going to get scrubbed because the time travel element has now been thrown in to allow everything to be changed.

And how did Barry time travel anyway?? Just by running fast? That's just too much handwavium - he'd need to exceed the light barrier to justify breaking the laws of physics, which in itself is a moot point.

Worst still, this is all going to foreshadow Barry being able to go back in time and save his mom - it's already been explained that perhaps he could do this because a new alternative universe would be created. Meaning that we're in danger of some seriously convoluted story lines, driven by deus ex machina.

Make no mistake, there is some good scripting in Flash - but at times it gets lazy and if we're not careful it'll get lazier, or just plain confusing.