Thunderbirds Are Go Trailer

This is the ITV series, yes? Saw an animation of the island a while back, so good to see the actual cast - and especially Thunderbird 2!

Presumably this will be very much aimed at the kids market, rather than the grown ups who grew through the original series. :)

Yes, it is ITV. The original series was shown not so long ago though, and it hasn't aged that much. The female characters don't have much to do and there is a fair bit of cigarette smoking but I know that a friend's children loved it.

Did anyone actually watch the new Thunderbird series?

I tried to, but ITV blocked me from watching it on ITV Player via the PS3, so we wouldn't make it family viewing.

I watched a few episodes. It kind of lost me as soon as I heard the new version of the theme music - it started perfectly with the '5, 4, 3' etc and then . . . ugh! They murdered the theme. The rest of it was all a bit too hyper for me, tbh. Must be getting old :lol: The Fireflash episode was reasonable but that was about it. I gave up after about six episodes. I thought the re-vamped Captain Scarlet of a few years back was more entertaining.

The rest of it was all a bit too hyper for me... I thought the re-vamped Captain Scarlet of a few years back was more entertaining.
I watched the first episode only, but agree with that. Very hyper!

Also, not letting you watch in Scotland seems to be a poor decision. Can't you get the CITV channel there? I'm sure it is on that.

I've been watching this series on Amazon Prime for the sheer nostalgia of doing so - I still feel a thrill when I hear the countdown at the intro, and even though they've changed the theme music it's still just a variation of the dramatic original.

But...Thunderbirds Are Go is very much a kids program, rather than a family show. My youngest is 12 and she feels too old for it. It's a shame really, as they could have upped the scripts a little to be a little more inclusive.

I'd love to see a more grown-up version of this show, with deeper political intrigue and a developing backstory arc. Something with more of a Tom Clancy angle, perhaps. :)