Thorn of Emberlain due 2015, and cover reveal

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Gollancz have revealed the cover for the fourth book in Scott Lynch's Gentlemen Bastards series - and also announced that we should expect to see it published later this year:

http://www.gollancz.co.uk/2015/03/cover-reveal-the-thorn-of-emberlain/

You could say that The Lies of Locke Lamora was the book of the con, that Red Seas Under Red Skies was the pirate book and The Republic of Thieves took Locke into politics. Now, with The Thorn of Emberlain the Gentleman ******* is going to war. We love the cover, we’re on tenterhooks about the book. Everything’s ready for Locke and Jean to sweep us up again.

Oh, and here's the cover!

Thorn-of-Emberlain.jpg

Here's the blurb from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00UFWTMW0/?tag=brite-21

With 50,000 copies sold of The Republic of Thieves and with praise from the likes of Joe Abercrombie and George RR Martin the saga of the Gentleman ******* has become a favourite and key part of the fantasy landscape. And now Locke Lamora, thief, con-man, pirate, political deceiver must become a soldier.

A new chapter for Locke and Jean and finally the war that has been brewing in the Kingdom of the Marrows flares up and threatens to capture all in its flames.

And all the while Locke must try to deal with the disturbing rumours about his past revealed in The Republic of Thieves. Fighting a war when you don't know the truth of right and wrong is one thing. Fighting a war when you don't know the truth of yourself is quite another. Particularly when you've never been that good with a sword anyway...

What's up with The Thorn of Emberlain? Suddenly it is no longer on the Orion website.

As underwhelmed as I was by most of the last book, I am still looking forward to this one. I hope it comes out this fall.

Dunno, but Amazon still list a 22nd September release.

But only on Kindle, and it is highly unlikely that it will be released on Kindle and not as a real book. Besides, it is no longer on the publisher's website, which a book supposed to be released in a little more than one month should be. I have a bad feeling about this...

Oh dear,I would like to read a final book that rounds everything off.
It must be difficult to keep coming up with such deviously clever plots.
I hope Scott Lynch is OK.

Huh, that's strange, I looked at the book on Amazon just yesterday because I love this series and I'm eagerly awaiting it...and I swear it had a 2018 date because my face was all D:

But now that seems to have gone? Fairly sure I didn't dream that I did this...

I'm well used to changing dates on Amazon for Lynch's stuff, it happens every book, but I'm sticking with it cos 1.) I well know what an ass anxiety is and 2.) bloody love the series!

*Mental Note to self to finish reading what's been written so far! The first chapter of the second book isn't good enough!