12 Monkeys: 1.07: The Keys

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
Not the keys to the briefcase but Florida Keys.

Is this the last episode? Great finale. Easy to pick up if the series gets continued, yet a partial conclusion if not. I like that as it is more than we often get from series that are not picked up.

It still leaves plenty of unanswered questions:
  • The infected corpse from the Himalayas (no doubt it is Cole, as speculated already here.)
  • Is Jennifer a younger Jones?
  • The events this week only keep the original timeline intact. So, Cole obviously must splinter just before the base is destroyed, but it was cut a little too fine to be very believable.
  • How many jumps does he have left?
  • Who were the Army of the Twelve Monkeys and where did they come from?
  • What is their Tokyo connection?
  • Was the Druze religious symbol just a pure coincidence?
  • If so, why did the Doctor at the museum party not answer the question about the 12 monkeys?
  • 1987 - the date keeps cropping up - the infected corpse was found then, Lelands lab was built then, the briefing about the 12 monkeys in Tokyo was then. Are we going to finally see jumps back to 1987 if it continues?

Well, I don't think it's "the" final when there are six episodes to go in this season.
Thanks, I didn't know, which was why I asked. Is there a break now, or is it on next week? It did seem to be a kind of natural end. Maybe no one else thought that either.

Thanks, I didn't know, which was why I asked. Is there a break now, or is it on next week? It did seem to be a kind of natural end. Maybe no one else thought that either.

Wikipedia has it listed as weekly until episode 11 on 27th March (so the next episode is Friday, as usual), and IMDB has some actors listed as appearing in thirteen episodes, so there's still a way to go.

I'm surprised the series length hasn't been announced anywhere, but thirteen episodes would make some sense. I guess the last two will be announced together - maybe we're getting a double for the finale?

It did seem to be a kind of natural end. Maybe no one else thought that either.

I think people thought it was going to happen, since what else there is when the main character is blown to pieces and the other one has said, "Goodbye." But I don't know when the following episodes will air, I just know that they wouldn't had ordered seven episodes to do this thing when usually you get less or up to thirteen before the cut comes into the picture. Besides who wiped out the government stock on the virus? Surely they have more stashed somewhere.

Not the keys to the briefcase but Florida Keys.

Is this the last episode? Great finale. Easy to pick up if the series gets continued, yet a partial conclusion if not. I like that as it is more than we often get from series that are not picked up.

It still leaves plenty of unanswered questions:
  • The infected corpse from the Himalayas (no doubt it is Cole, as speculated already here.)
  • Is Jennifer a younger Jones?
  • The events this week only keep the original timeline intact. So, Cole obviously must splinter just before the base is destroyed, but it was cut a little too fine to be very believable.
  • How many jumps does he have left?
  • Who were the Army of the Twelve Monkeys and where did they come from?
  • What is their Tokyo connection?
  • Was the Druze religious symbol just a pure coincidence?
  • If so, why did the Doctor at the museum party not answer the question about the 12 monkeys?
  • 1987 - the date keeps cropping up - the infected corpse was found then, Lelands lab was built then, the briefing about the 12 monkeys in Tokyo was then. Are we going to finally see jumps back to 1987 if it continues?

Yeah not much answered this episode. Though I like the mythology of the 12 monkeys. Or at least where I think it's headed.

The title of this article pretty sums up what I was thinking: Wow, Edward Snowden Is A Total Megadick On 12 Monkeys

Why would Jennifer be a younger Jones? Isn't Jones German? Does Jennifer speak in a German accent and I'm not realizing it?

Why would Jennifer be a younger Jones? Isn't Jones German? Does Jennifer speak in a German accent and I'm not realizing it?
I'm not sold on the idea either but Cli-Fi made the suggestion in last week's thread and it is still an unanswered question. On the negative side, I believe she also gave her maiden name in one episode and it wasn't Goines. On the other hand, where would someone with such detailed knowledge suddenly appear from, if not already involved in 2015. Thinking laterally, she could come from an alternative reality where the lab was in Germany.

I dunno, that's just too odd for me. If it were true, it would kind of break narrative fidelity for me.

Anyone else happy to see Nikita peeps in this show? :) I love seeing Nerd.

Back