The Benny Hill Show

I loved the Bionic Baby sketch. That one was totally twisted. :D

(The Young Ones always struck me as deeply unfunny) but they did change things for the better.
The Young Ones was a profoundly social comedy. It's all about status, yet in an incredibly youthful and almost harsh light. It's as though they only half knew how iconoclastic they we're. It also mines a rich seam of British surrealism located by Spike Milligan.

One of the top TV shows in 1976

C52CE857-B43F-4103-B6C8-2B409A16331A.jpeg

Comedy perceptions have changed since the 1970s though, my daughter was home at Easter and I was watching Michael Crawford as Frank Spencer (the actual clip is below) and she was laughing at the faces he pulls and then asked me "who's that funny gay man?"
It would never have occurred to me back then that Frank Spencer would be perceived as gay - he was married with a kid!

Australian, not Austrian! :giggle:

I'm not aware of a show it was based on, but Hill spent a lot of time here, so he was probably picking up on the stereotypes of the time (and a lot of bad local TV cop and crime shows).

One show was called BLUEY and some years later a local comedy ensemble from THE LATE SHOW did a complete voice over dub of the series and released it as a comedy called BARGEARSE, which is worth a look if you can find it.

I looked up Bluely , pretty ghastly stuff. :D

And he did some funny soof of consumer products

Beans Meanz Beans. comes to mind. :D