What are Your Favorite Sword and Sandal Films?

There are sooo many films I would love to see happen. More Conan (real Conan). A better Soloman Kane film. Better Kull film. Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser. Gotrek and Felix. Pellucidar... the list goes on.

Kane the Mystic Swordsman . Who wouldn't to see See Bloodstone on the big screen. That would be an amazing Dark fantasy film !

With Conan and Kull it would help if they didn’t mix up the stories, I believe the movie Kull was based on a Conan story and vice versa.

Kane the Mystic Swordsman . Who wouldn't to see See Bloodstone on the big screen. That would be an amazing Dark fantasy film !
Absolutely. What's needed is one truly great S&S film and the industry would start producing them on a regular basis. The problem is finding a director and producer smart enough to recognise the potential and treat the subject matter with the gravity it deserves.

With Conan and Kull it would help if they didn’t mix up the stories, I believe the movie Kull was based on a Conan story and vice versa.

Yes, the Kull Movie was a reworking of Conan the Hour of the Dragon.

Absolutely. What's needed is one truly great S&S film and the industry would start producing them on a regular basis. The problem is finding a director and producer smart enough to recognise the potential and treat the subject matter with the gravity it deserves.

As to who could do Kane . I think Gullermo Del Toro or Alex Proyas might be able to do a Kane film. Casting Kane would be a hard.

Land of the Pharos 1955 Very much an underrated film and quite good . :cool:

This genre is overdue a resurgence. I would have thought that the film Gladiator would have sparked some sort of revival.

It did briefly but apart from Centurion most were rubbish. We had Troy, The Eagle, the Pompeii movie with Kit Harrington, Scott went back to the well with his Moses movie to name but a few. All none too good.

I think it did, but on TV. There was Rome and the Spartacus series.... and maybe even GoT if you stretch things a bit.

I think it did, but on TV. There was Rome and the Spartacus series.... and maybe even GoT if you stretch things a bit.

Rome was brilliant and cancelled too early. Forgot to mention 300 and 300: Rise of Empire in my earlier post. More fantasy than anything else I suppose.

Troy, Gladiator, 300, Jason and the Argonauts, and the Sinbad films with animation by Harryhausen.

I didn't like Troy. It looked good and it was well cast, but they took too many liberties with the source material