Constantine S113 Waiting for the Man

Jesse412

Old Curmudgeon
I thought this episode was really creepy. Love the title reference to The Velvet Underground song of the same name. Awesome to see Jim Corrigan return. Gary Lester possessing that corpse was pretty cool. I like Michael James Shaw as Papa Midnite. Wasn't expecting the reveal about Manny at the end. Really hope this show comes back even if at a different network with title change.

I did NOT expect the twist at the end with Manny! I was like: "WTH?!"

It's a really cracking episode overall and towards the end, as John lit his cigarette while standing at the door, it was a classic Constantine moment. Just classic - guess that since the fate of the series is still uncertain, the producers decided to go all out and ignore the "no smoking" rule.

They had better have a season 2 and beyond. They can't leave us hanging like this - BASTARDS!

It seems as if Jim Corrigan is headed in the same direction as he his comic version, hence the green mist Zed keeps seeing around him. It will be interesting to see how John and Zed handle with what he will become.

So.. that's quite possibly the end of Constantine?!?! Dammit that was a horrible twist after spending so much time building up Manny as a good guy to have him declare himself as the one the Bruharia work for, thus the architect of the rising darkness. So why does he spend so much time helping John, and Zed?

I hope he was just bluffing Papa Midnite to get him off John's back??

Again no Chas. I really feel like they have written around Chas and/or Zed each week, because if they were there then the rest of the plot wouldn't have worked?

Here's a thought, which I formed after I'd watched this episode at last saturday, and it's about Manny's revelation. First of all, he is not the only angel that we have seen in this series, but in the same time he isn't the Fallen One, because God cast Morning star from the heaven, and we believe his wings were stripped at same time. But Manny still has wings and his wings are still white-ish, while the other angel had black ones, and she couldn't stand sight of our beloved Manny.

And he said, "I will cancel Constantine's contract," and the reason for that is, "because Bruharia works for me."

In theory we have seen Manny working for the Lord and being highly against the Enemy. But in hypothesis, he is claiming to be in a pact with the Devil. Here's a thing, can God cancel Constantine's contract, or does Morning Star have power of the Lord with his "business" bollocks?

I hope he was just bluffing Papa Midnite to get him off John's back??

It was an ambiguous statement - after all, there is an argument that everything serves God. :)

That's what I took from it - as otherwise wouldn't the Bruharia rescind the order and not Manny?

EDIT: Easter egg on the address - Delano St - almost certainly a tribute to Jamie Delano, who wrote the first 40 or so Hellblazer comics.

Last edited: