Arrow S313 Canaries

Jesse412

Old Curmudgeon
Wow what an opening. Was not expecting Ollie to show Thea the Arrow cave. Ollie and Roy jumping out of the exploding building was crazy. More conflict between Thea and Malcolm. I really like Peter Stormare as Vertigo. "Korean barbecue?" "C4" made me laugh. The Canary versus Canary fights were decent and honestly a much better send off for Caity Lotz than the season opener. Kind of like seeing Roy stand up to Ollie and it maybe foreshadowing their future split. Good riddance to DJ douchebag. Glad Lance finally knows that Sara is dead. Return to the Island. Speedy name drop. Interesting that Ollie returned to Starling City in the flashbacks.

Yeah, that DJ was just... bad. I wonder if they had more in store for him, then realized that most of the fans probably rolled their eyes. Collectively. In a bad way. And then offed him pronto. (If so, yay for the writers!)

I love that Ollie has to bring Malcolm Merlin into the mix. Then again, I'm a huge Barrowman fangirl, so anytime we get the black archer, I'm doing a wee bit of hand-flapping.

Ollie finally revealed that he's Arrow to Thea! Lance is finally told that Sara is dead!

Some great emotional turmoil and conflict in this episode - strong stuff, and show how far ahead Arrow remains to Flash in terms of pathos.

Only gripe is that I was surprised that Thea turned against Merlyn so fast, though - just because he'd also kept Ollie's secret? Am wondering whether Thea is actually just playing Ollie.

However, good stuff all round. :)