Better Call Saul

Watched ep 1.. enjoyed it!!

Slightly confused by the "working at cinnabon" version of Saul.. is this the post-BB Saul who's in hiding?

Oh man, that toilet!

I could watch an entire series of episodes of Jimmy visiting potential clients. That, or long shots of Mike going throughout his day.

That was a great episode...and the toilet part was hilarious. Then he was quoting it while painting her nails..oh man that was classic

Such a good show

I just caught on that Chuck was his brother. I saw the episode where his brother comes to the jail to represent Jimmy, but for some reason I didn't make the connection that it was the same Chuck. I guess he looked younger. Now I'm liking this even better.

and the toilet part was hilarious.
I agree, lol! I also liked the guy who thought he would get his own country, but the best part was that he tried to pay with fake money. LOL!

Next week's show looks to be awesome!

Finally caught up with all except the most recently- aired episode, and loving it.. The toilet scene was hilarious, as was the crazy old "texan" with his self-made bills!!!

The Mike episode -

Lots of much-wanted back story for the strong, silent man. To see the events (or at least the direct aftermath of) that turned a policeman into a no-nonsense enforcer was genuinely touching. Knowing that his own corruption cost his son his life is particularly crushing.

Loving this show more every week. It felt the most Breaking Bad-ish yet this time with Mike's blacklight skills to recover the money and Jimmy playing the clients as hard as he could to get them to first admit to the money (that was hilarious given they'd all 3 seen it) and to finally get them back to Kim

One thing I have to mention from a couple of episodes back, which blew my mind..... "It's all good, man" = Saul Goodman. Was this really obvious and I just missed it??!

Anyone else still watching this? I must say, this is one of the best shows I've seen in a while. I'm a little disappointed that tonight is the season finale already.

It's a shame this thread is quiet, guess not everyone has access to watch it though :(

Speaking of the finale..

I've really enjoyed the journey Jimmy's been on all season. Struggling to be an honest lawyer, stumbling onto a massive case and having his own brother pull it from under him. All while resisting the urge to go back to Slippin' Jimmy out of desire to make Chuck proud, which is also smashed.

The death of his pal in Chicago was foreshadowed, cough cough, but effective..

And then just as it's looking like we're on a fast track to Saul, he gets the job offer with Davis and Maine (sp).. And then he just drives away, after a little chat with Mike and it seems that we are perhaps on the Saul Express after all?!

Mike's been interesting too.. but progressing even slower. The 'job' he took in the previous episode let him show off his badassery a little, but I hope they weave the 2 characters together more next season.

I've been watching weekly. I just haven't had much to add to what was said. The characters are certainly much more complex than I expected. I'm not sure Jimmy was telling the truth in his final chat with Mike. He said he didn't take the money because it was the right thing to do. I think he would have still taken whatever his conscience said. He didn't take it because he didn't think he would get away with it.

Ooh! Does that mean we'll finally get to find out what happened to Jesse?

We know what happened to him, but yes, the whole Breaking Bad thing is coming to Better Call Saul as I don't think they can delay the involvement any longer. Especially as Gus is finishing the laboratory.

I think @Narkalui meant this new film will show what happened to Jesse. We do know vaguely but not as much as we did of Walter. I can't really see how there can be a film as everything was quite neatly tied up. As for Better Call Saul, it took along time to get there, but yes, we are getting to a position very close to the start of Breaking Bad. If they are waiting for actors to be available and such, then I'm happy to wait longer to make it better.

Reactions: ctg
Yes, I was referring to the Breaking Bad sequel film...

Well, yeah, it's interesting. Personally I hope Jesse learned from all of it and he has stayed on straight path. There is nothing in the past that should be hounding him. His biggest problem is that he doesn't really know how to say no ... or walk away, when the trouble comes around the corner.

Back