Better Call Saul

It was a good episode - more comedic than Breaking Bad, but with the same cinematic style and composition.

Heads up for UK Netflix subscribers: Netflix has struck a deal with AMC to bring each Better Call Saul episode to Netflix UK the day after it airs in the US. So, the first episode aired in the US last night, and appeared on Netflix UK today. The second episodes airs in the US tonight, and appears on Netflix UK tomorrow (and from then on - US airing on Monday night, added to Netflix UK Tuesday morning).

What an amazing show, the first episode was breathtakingly awesome for Breaking Bad fans. I won't give anything away, but nice Easter Egg and I can already see how this can be even better than Breaking Bad as well as why it can be considered a prequel. If anybody has read any reviews about the show, Vince's state of mind and ideas were right on the money here.

Basically he thought: What is the most craziest character that he could have in the prequel? It's someone pretty unexpected for me and I think a whole bunch of people.

We watched the first two episodes yesterday, I enjoyed, it was good to have some BB characters in there. I'm not sure I'm happy with the weekly release though. One of the things that Netflix has going for it is the ability to view loads of episodes in one go, but this means I have to watch every week.
Oh well, seems like it might be worth it, they are laying it on thick to start with though, so I guess we will see where it goes.

I know the first episode was free on Itunes for US. Not sure if that's international as well. It was the highest watched cable show in history. It got 6.9 Million viewers but now down to 3.4 on Monday. I thought that was a weird thing to do, Why not just keep it on Sunday?

I enjoyed it (and I am only half way through Breaking Bad). I liked that there were no spoilers for Breaking Bad for the point at which I've reached, but also that it is lighter and funnier (because Breaking Bad has got seriously dark at the point I've reached - early Season 3.) I also like the idea of seeing again the character you are alluding to above. Only a prequel could do that. Great way to finish the episode with him coming to the door. However, you don't need to have watched Breaking Bad at all to enjoy this.

Cli-Fi said: It got 6.9 Million viewers but now down to 3.4 on Monday. I thought that was a weird thing to do, Why not just keep it on Sunday?

Because Walking Dead is on Sunday and Talking Dead usually follows that for the people who need comfort after watching Walking Dead. :LOL:

Because Walking Dead is on Sunday and Talking Dead usually follows that for the people who need comfort after watching Walking Dead. :LOL:

Blah, I never watch Talking Dead. Except when Shane died. Which I think was one of the first episodes of Talking Dead.

Though, I thoroughly enjoyed Talking Bad.

I enjoyed it (and I am only half way through Breaking Bad). I liked that there were no spoilers for Breaking Bad for the point at which I've reached, but also that it is lighter and funnier (because Breaking Bad has got seriously dark at the point I've reached - early Season 3.) I also like the idea of seeing again the character you are alluding to above. Only a prequel could do that. Great way to finish the episode with him coming to the door. However, you don't need to have watched Breaking Bad at all to enjoy this.

Some of Saul's stuff is pretty dark though. We know he ends up working for and what the heck is he doing with that old guy? I think there are eerie between Saul and Walt. Especially from what we know so far:

Ok, just watched ep3. Pretty good.
We find out who Chuck is, I knew he was family but I thought he might be his dad. Got quite good there for a bit with Nacho and we got more Mike. Going quite well so far, Saul (or Jimmy as he is at the moment) is quite a pathetic character but we are beginning to feel for him.

I only saw the first season of Breaking Bad ( keep meaning to watch more) but I heard good things so I watched Better Call Saul. That was a great first episode! I watched the second and have the latest on the PVR. I'm looking forward to this series.

I don't think I saw him in the few Breaking Bad's I saw, but he was on Community.

I watched the 3rd episode and am loving this show

I watched the 4th episode last night, and am very impressed with the show. It's writing is smart, and Jimmy is just someone you want to root for.

If you haven't checked it out, do it!

Back