DareDevil Trailer

Cli-Fi

John J. Falco
So Netflix just released the trailer to what could be their next big hit. DareDevil.

I actually have a question for you writers out there. If a book were to begin in this matter like in a prologue where the MC was confessing to the Priest like this does it work in a literary sense?

I have seen this done countless times in both movies and TV Shows and frankly I love narration like this. It just gives me chills. Thoughts on the trailer and the style in general. To me this looks like it's going to be really dark.

A good writer can make it work. A bad one will end up sounding like a hollywood movie script.

Agree with J Riff. Anything can work if well done.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the series looks like. And yes, it does look pretty dark, but I guess that's in line with the tone of stuff like Gotham.

Watched first episode. A little plodding. Not unexpected as characters and background are established. A fight scene seemed to last forever.

Definitely dark, both in tone and literally. A lot of night and dimly-lit scenes. Not a problem for a blind hero, but as one who relies heavily on vision to perceive the world, I'll watch the next episode on a brighter TV set.