Lindsey Davis's Falco series

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Saw this mentioned on another forum, so I called up the sample to Silver Pigs, the first in her (20 book??) Falco series:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004NBZFT8/?tag=brite-21

The short-snappy prose, wry sense of humour, and lush recreation of a Rome not dependent on Emperors or legionaries caught my attention quickly.

Have put this on my Wish List rather than treat myself yet - but just wondered if anyone else has read any of the Falco series by Lindsey Davis?

I've read six of her Falco books. The books are a fairly light read, but entertaining and funny. The first book in the series, Silver Pigs, is pretty good as far as I remember (it's been a while since I read it), so I think you should give it a try.

Ended up treating myself and buying it anyway! I do love the way she's managed to maintain a fast pace and wise-cracking narrative, yet really brought alive the daily life of ancient Rome.

Anyway, am still less than halfway through, but I'm very much enjoying it, and wondering why I never came across these books before. I can only hope that The Silver Pigs maintains its promise, but I can't see any reason why not.

Huh? My last name is Falco lolz. That's cool, but based on the description this is not something I would normally read nor am very interested in anyway.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Angel 7