Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Collections

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of Above

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

rune

rune
What of this author's books have to tried :)
Did you just go for the stand alones, or collections. Or did you prefer the series.

I was not aware Mieville wrote any series.

Well, Perdido Street Station, The Scar and Iron Council are all set in the world of Bas-Lag, and can be seen as loosely structured series - the events in TS follow from PSS, but focus on a different set of people in a different setting, while IC takes us back to PSS' setting and does carry on some of the same themes.

His only 'standalone' to date is of course King Rat, and his first collection, Looking For Jake is yet to be released (I Think), so I guess the poll is a trifle premature! :)

And I seriously pray he doesn't write any series in the sense that most fantasy nerds know the term. It's hard enough surviving a single book without feeling utterly exhausted (in a good way but still)...not having a conclusion would be traumatic.

Thus far IMHO he has shwon he is a absolute master no matter what he writes, short stories, novels, or even great quotable articles.

And I seriously pray he doesn't write any series in the sense that most fantasy nerds know the term.

I almost wish he did as a a bit of a parody to show the genre authors how it's done.

I think it's painfully obvious I'm a huge Mieville fan:)

Ainulindale, we've already had Harrison do that for us with his Viriconium stuff. But I agree, having another one do that as well would be great, especially when that person is Mieville.
I still need to read the Tain and King Rat. (Is King Rat worth getting? I've heard it's a lot weaker than his other novels).