The Flash S111 The Sound and the Fury

Jesse412

Old Curmudgeon
The way Barry took down the Royal Flush Gang bikers was kind of clever. I thought that the Pied Piper's attack on Wells' home was a good showing of his power. Cisco's t-shirt made me laugh. I like that Eddie is starting to be suspicious of Wells. Joe laughing at Cisco's joke was great. Some of the CGI during Pied Piper's attack on that building looked cheap, but for the most part his confrontation with the Flash was pretty good. I like that Iris wants to be taken seriously as a journalist. Does Wells actually have trouble walking or was that due to Pied Piper's attack? Interesting that it was Wells that defeated Pied Piper and not Barry. Nice Firestorm tease. Speed Force mention!

I am getting a feeling that with remaining episodes we are going to get more and more exposure to the Reverse Flash, and when the season finishes people are going to face a situation where their much loved professor is gone. Cisco and Dr Snow will move out from particle accelerator building, which kind of sucks because I like the setting. I like the whole science theme, and the fact that they'll keep villains trapped in the beam accelerator tunnel.

Does Wells actually have trouble walking or was that due to Pied Piper's attack?

I think it's not just a ploy to make people believe that Dr Wells has trouble. The ending with tachyon particle nonsense suggest that his body is somehow getting ripped apart, and that is the reason for him using the chair. Not just to fool everyone.

Interesting that it was Wells that defeated Pied Piper and not Barry.

Yeah, it was a pretty decent ep overall but I didn't much care for that. Barry really wasn't smart in this episode at the same time that they were making a point (in his conversation with Joe) about how smart he was. And I think it's great that the crew works together - as Barry said, "Good thing I have you back here" or something to that effect - but this was all Wells and no Barry, really.

And they need to do more with Caitlin. She seems to get less screen time and fewer lines than anybody and it's not like they need to hide her because she isn't as good as the others, because she is.

Still, I'm happily watching along - I like the mix of light and dark tones and think this is a basically fun "nice" show.

Pied Piper seemed a daft villain, but good to see some thinking behind the character's strategy. The chess references were nice.

Good to see a whole lot of suspicion growing about Dr Wells. Perhaps strangely, I wondered if in fact he wasn't the future Barry Allen, come back to mentor his younger self. I don't think that idea will fly, though...