The Expanse - 3.02: IFF

ctg

weaver of the unseen
nwCJdYV.jpg

May is a brave little girl but she's all too trusting for waking up in strange facility and still not seeing daddy. Dr Strickland has all too trustful face for being anything other than sugar daddy. But, what can a little girl do far away from home, in place that's at the heart of the Caliban Project?

Nothing. In fact, I'm slightly surprised that she hadn't already been turned to a bioweapon since Mao is hellbent to keep weaponization program on-going. It's almost as if the humanity is a threat and they can somehow clean that places after the infestation has turned into whatever is happening beneath the clouds of Venus. Can greed do that to you after you love money more than your family?

Then again we can also think that Mao realised that Errigwright has been using his money and the resources to keep the weponization program alive without his complete approval. If that is the true then it proves the age of old concept of *asshole rising to the surface as always, meaning that nothing will change. We cannot escape the doom and gloom culture in the future, because we have to married to the chaos and conflict. After all Erringwright is now the snake in the paradise as he controls the flow of the events.

The only flaw in his plan was the Avasarala didn't die. He didn't finish the job himself. The whole chain effed in big time as UN cruiser should had actively scanned Mao's ship during the missile flight to see any escape attempts. I wonder what that crew will feel when they learn that they started an interplanetary war on a failed false flag operation?

Avasarala is also lucky that Bobby is thinking like a soldier than trying to be a hot shot pilot. They would have never survived at the inner planets. Only if Bobby had been an ace pilot would Avasarala been in the position where she could had done high-speed diplomatic shuttling around the Solar System. She has the skills and experience to pull most amazing feats in the diplomatic field.

Razorback doesn't need defence weapons, only a cocoon that keeps the diplomatic package alive during the transit. Otherwise it use its speed as a counter-defence against the bloody missiles. I have to admit that the tactical move Rosinante's crew pulled was amazing. Only thing I'm sure about is the EMP-field as it must have been strong to cause those tracking missiles to explode.

I'm also glad they reminded why things are secured in the storages at space, when you take high speed manoeuvres. The gravitational forces doesn't stop outside the ship as they are involved in everything. We are so lucky that The Expanse crew can show us these things.

Additional amusement was on Errigwrights face when he was accused on committing warcrimes. He didn't like that one bit.

Holy raucous rocket romp!
Both Bobbie and Alex piloted waaaay above their paygrades. Real edge-of-my-seat entertainment. Not much plot development, but I forgive them.
Dr Strickland has all too trustful face for being anything other than sugar daddy.
I noticed how quickly he dropped his fake smile the second he was out of May's sight.
Avasarala is also lucky that Bobby is thinking like a soldier than trying to be a hot shot pilot. They would have never survived at the inner planets.
Poor Avasarala. When she took Bobbie's advice and whistled a little tune to keep breathing, I had to laugh. Avasarala looked a little post-rigor when Bobbie carried her into the ship.
I'm also glad they reminded why things are secured in the storages at space, when you take high speed manoeuvres.
Amos' interception of the drill showed that his reflexes have been enhanced.

The Protomolecule blue goo in the lower deck is growing, which would explain the declining engine efficiency.

he Protomolecule blue goo in the lower deck is growing, which would explain the declining engine efficiency.

Yeah. I though it would be obvious to them since the last time. I guess they had to do to show Avasarala how things really are, instead of her finding them out from the reports. I bet she's going to demand a com-access and Holsten ain't going to be happy about it. Think about all those long distance bills piled on Rosinante's account on top of the all the maintenance in the doc.

Avasarala looked a little post-rigor when Bobbie carried her into the ship.

Didn't she said that she's didn't like going in space? I really mean what I said about the Razorback. She should get used to the high-speed induced g-forces so that she can shuttle around the solar system doing what she does best, spying on other people business.

Real edge-of-my-seat entertainment.

The best space-battles since the BSG stopped broadcasting. This is such a luxury treat on the small screen.

Yep, that was stonkingly good fun! It took me a couple of re-watches of the 'Holden Manoeuvre' as I shall now be calling it to appreciate just how awesome that was.

Nice catch on the engine / proto-molecule issue there as well REBerg, didn't spot that myself.

I thought it did move the plot along a little bit, the scenes with Mao and Strickland showed us a bit more of what they are doing with Mei and the Protomolecule, I don't fancy the chances of her friend though!

I don't fancy the chances of her friend though!

Yeah, but he hasn't completely turned. He has the lights in his arms but he hasn't completely transformed to a Caliban beast. I don't even know what to call that thing. Exomonster. The inhibitor suggest that he's going to turn and then Strickland is going to try to control it with a daily supplement of some sort. Something that the protomolecule cannot synthesis in the nature. How could that plan go wrong?

This show is good. I love the atmosphere. It just FEELS like sci-fi. There's (despite details) a sense of realism about it that helps immerse us into the setting. Hope it continues.