Gotham S112 - What the Little Bird Told Him

Jesse412

Old Curmudgeon
Episode 12 "What the Little Bird Told Him"

Really enjoyed Christopher Heyerdahl as the Electrocutioner. Kind of funny how underwhelming Gordon stopping him with a cup of water was. I'm curious what will happen to Penguin now that he's accidentally outed himself to Maroni. It almost looked like Falcone had The Girls of Old Town with him when he showed up to his meeting with Fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotham will be returning to Fox for a second season.

Yay! :)

I enjoyed episode 12.. Not sure how I missed responding to this topic for the previous few?!

Less focus on the kids is helping I think. Penguin-led episodes seem to be the strongest ones, which I suspect they figured out early on. Falcone came across as a little too soft in the early parts of the episode which I don't find realistic for someone who's risen to the top of organised crime in a city like Gotham.. but of course his strangling of the girl he had come to love put paid to that softness. Surely this is the end for Fish and Butch, but the dreaded line "keep them alive" means they'll likely get another chance to take down the big man.

Does Marone really still trust Penguin after his ambulance confession? Doubtful, but it'll be good to see how he worms his way out of this one!

And Gordon gets his detective job back. I expected the Arkham assignment to last a while longer but I'm happy to have him back in the precinct, and causing waves with the Commissioner who's job he'll eventually inherit.

Also I'm still unclear where the Ed Nygma plot is going. He seems well intentioned but how long until he turns to the dark side after being constantly mocked and insulted? His lady friend seemed to almost like him after he explained the bullet-cupcake thing but then referred to him as creepy to the other cop. Or maybe she didn't like him at all and I was just reading too much into her half-smile, like he did too!

Thanks for moving this. Second post I made in a generic thread rather than the episode thread. I blame old age ;)

Kind of funny how underwhelming Gordon stopping him with a cup of water was.

That ending was all wet. I got no charge out of it. (Sorry.)

Seriously, I don't know if they were going for "comic ironic anticlimax" and it just fizzled (sorry) or if it was just a straight ending that was just awful. The show as a whole was fine, but this was one of a couple of glaring errors.

Surely this is the end for Fish and Butch, but the dreaded line "keep them alive" means they'll likely get another chance to take down the big man.

Yeah, it is obvious they will somehow survive. The thing that makes no sense (from Falcone's POV, if not from the angle of a good job of casting they don't want to waste) is keeping Butch alive, as he's just a henchman. He should have been shot in the general Fish-cleaning, though I could understand keeping Fish around for some special treatment. Still, I'll let it slide for fictional purposes.

I expected the Arkham assignment to last a while longer

Ditto. And (the other big flaw to me) I expected them to be a little more patient with the Doc. Instead, it felt like they were getting cancelled in a couple of weeks. Kiss her now! Quick! Hurry!

I mean, I can certainly understand the impatience :) but it felt fictionally weak.

(And, disturbingly, Barbara's still around. In terms of canon, she's supposed to be the girl, right? But in terms of this show, she doesn't seem to quite work, whereas Morena Baccarin always works at everything.)

This show felt like it had a chance to be really, really good but it's kind of settled into "good enough". Still worth watching, though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jeffbert Gotham 2
Jeffbert Gotham 8
ctg Gotham 5
ctg Gotham 7
ctg Gotham 2