A bit of fun: the ideal age to write a masterpiece...

Seeing how I'll be 35 this year I would at least like to have my first book written by then!!

I am 65 and I've written a number of books, but I don't know that I would say that any of them are actually masterpieces (I do feel proud of some of them), and none of them has been my break-out novel, so I would say that 66 would be about the right age for me.

Looks like I've got a few years to wait before i can even think about a masterpiece:cry:

I find this slightly comforting. At the ripe old age of 30, having produced sweet f.a so far, it seems all is not lost!

Hi Fitzchiv,

I'm sorry but yes in fact all is lost. I can only advise based on what I read that there is absolutely no point in continuing for the next twenty three (?) years, because we now know that masterpieces are written at age fifty three. So obviously those who are younger are just going to have to stop typing immediately and sit on their hands until they reach this glorious age - then publish furiously. The rest of you are going to have to start working on your time machines! Except of course who are of this wondrous age, and who I assume are far too busy writing their master pieces to waste time on fora like this!

Cheers, Greg.

Back