Agent Ward is Buffy's Angel?

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
I never watched Buffy or the Angel series. However, while correcting some old Ascifi links, I found a thread with photos of David Boreanaz, who played Angel in the Buffy series:
http://www.sffchronicles.com/threads/22806/#post-516444

I'm struck by the similarity in appearance to Agent Ward, and as Joss Whedon was at the helm of both franchises, I'm wondering whether any similarity is intentional?

You never watched Buffy?

It was rather good.

There are some similarities. I'd quite like a Spike figure to join the cast.

I think the similarity is rather striking. But I would guess it's unintentional - more a case of casting pretty boys to appeal to the ladies.

Different actor. Depressingly younger than I am. And not what I'd call pretty.

And yes, you should watch Buffy!

I never watched Buffy or the Angel series. However, while correcting some old Ascifi links, I found a thread with photos of David Boreanaz, who played Angel in the Buffy series:
http://www.sffchronicles.com/threads/22806/#post-516444

The resemblance is pretty striking yes! Both dark haired, tall, clean cut and broody looking!

Ward grew a full-on beard which I don't recall Angel ever doing!

And we really did have quality discussions back in the ancient times of 2002 on ascifi.com :D @Highlander II contributing with style!!

lol @markpud -- we had some pretty good discussions back then... even better - considering I didn't jump into BtVS until s6. =)

I didn't contribute to the "photos of Angel" thread for some reason..!.. but the flames of passion for Buffy/SMG are still smouldering :p

As I know how Ward dies, I can only add that he deserves that death. Angel was a good guy, even if he was a vampire.

I've only recently started Agents of Shield, binge watching currently about 2 thirds into season 3.
Have to say I hadn't noticed the resemblance between Angel and Ward.

Bobbi was niggling me trying to work out what other series I seen her in, penny finally dropped, Kelly from Orville.

Bobbi was niggling me trying to work out what other series I seen her in, penny finally dropped, Kelly from Orville.

I always remember her as Sam's girlfriend from Supernatural. She's killed off in the first episode but we still see her from time to time in dreams, flashbacks and alternate realities.