Gotham S1 Ep11 Rogues' Gallery

Jesse412

Old Curmudgeon
Nice to see Isiah Whitlock from The Wire and Christopher Heyerdahl from Hell on Wheels show up. I've been looking forward to Leslie Thompkins appearing and I think Morena Baccarin is a good addition to the show.

I think Morena Baccarin is a good addition to the show.

You misspelled "freakin' fantastic addition". :) I wonder what the logic will be, though - will they replace Barbara with her (assuming they aren't being very canonical) because I don't imagine Gordon will be at Arkham forever and right now, as far as I know, she has no other connection but to Arkham?

This was a pretty good episode in general - I liked the Penguin/Fish enforcer/Cat/etc. story lines. But I didn't really like the main story line (other than introducing the doctor) mainly because the nurse thing was implausible to say the least and, if the sociopath needed the keys for his experiments, how was he doing experiments a month or more ago? And it made everybody and especially Gordon look dumb, kicking back and celebrating the case which was an example of why they needed him in his old job - when everybody, especially Gordon, is wrong. And the fact that the boss cop is apparently clean bugs me every time she's on. You don't get to that position clean, any more than the mayor is clean.

Stray note: I have to say I sympathized with the guy who attacked the singer at the start of the show. ;)

-- Oh yeah - and what's with FOX being FOX again? What sense does it make to go away for a month, air a new episode tonight, and immediately go away again? - the next new one isn't for two weeks. Stupid.

You misspelled "freakin' fantastic addition". :)

Yeah I liked her in Firefly as well.

as far as I know, she has no other connection but to Arkham?

IIRC she's always been connected directly to Bruce in the comics. Seems like Arkham was just how they chose to introduce her to the series. She'll likely meet Bruce and Alfred through Gordon now.

Yeah I liked her in Firefly as well.

She even made me watch more Stargate reruns (no cable) than I otherwise would and had me watch the V remake at all.

IIRC she's always been connected directly to Bruce in the comics. Seems like Arkham was just how they chose to introduce her to the series. She'll likely meet Bruce and Alfred through Gordon now.

Okay, thanks for that info - I'm really deficient on the canon and didn't realize she was canonical herself.

No Bruce/Alfred at all this week. Cat could have taken Ivy to Wayne Manor but I guess Gordon's place was more convenient! Barbara was quite easily convinced by Ivy on the phone too - that wasn't too convincing to me.

The fake nurse thing was a bit of a stretch too, if Gordon's supposed to have been at Arkham for 6 weeks then he's know about the patient who dresses as a nurse, surely?!

It was great to see "Bunk" I agree, but sadly not recurring!! Why was he so hostile to Gordon? I guess someone had applied pressure to him, to ensure Gordon has a hard ride.

As for the "C" story with the mobsters, we were led to believe that Fish's guy was seriously considering siding with his childhood friend until their final scene when he shoots the guy. Not sure what the point was of introducing this chap just to off him? And Penguin gets taken down a peg by Marone, hmmm.

I had hoped they could nail down some of the inconsistencies in this show during the break. I wonder if there was a writing/filming break, or simply a broadcast break?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jeffbert Gotham 2
Jeffbert Gotham 8
ctg Gotham 5
ctg Gotham 7
ctg Gotham 2