Best/Favourite SciFi/Fantasy Villain

Poetic justice?

In this case yes. He may have been a genius in his field but, he was also an incredibly arrogant and foolish man. Tyrel was too stupid to see the gravity of the situation he was with this particular Replicant. Dashing Replicants hopes for a longer life cost Tyrel not only his life ,but the life of his former employee.

Last edited:
The Demon Headmaster scared me as a kid. It's just been rebooted on the BBC, and I'm tempted to watch. I remember a scene where The Demon Headmaster tripped over when chasing kids and got back up to chase them again. The trip wasn't scripted and the actor just carried on.

In this case yes. He may have been a genius in his field but, he was also an incredibly arrogant and foolish man. Tyrel was too stupid to see the gravity of the situation he was with this particular Replicant. Dashing Replicants hopes for a longer life cost Tyrel not only his life ,but the life of his former employee.
I don't see him as foolish or stupid. Arrogant - oh my YES!
I think he knew he was dead as soon as he saw Batty.
But I think in that final speech he was trying to get Batty to see that life is a trade off. no-one can have it all. He could have designed them to have had long lonely miserable human lives. But no, he designed them to burn far brighter and be able to do far more for just a few year.
That is why Batty has his speech... He gets it at the end. He doesn't like it and wants to fight on [how very human of him] but he wants someone else to know that he mattered.

The elf queen in the Lords and Ladies. Granny's twin Lilith. I hate them both.

But the Joker... It's human, it is real. The scariest one.

Kroenen from the first Hellboy movie. He's a Nazi, but he's also a badass. Also: not quite sure if he's a typical villain, but I really like Frankenstein's monster (as in the novel rather than the films). The Joker and Bane from the recent Batman franchise make me really hate them, but I guess that's what a good villain is supposed to do. But there are characteristics that I like about them, like their voices; I don't think any other actors could've portrayed them better.

I'm really liking Dracula in the Castlevania anime. Yes, its a sort of tropey lost revenge story but the performance from the voice actor and the animators is top notch.

The Joker and Bane from the recent Batman franchise make me really hate them, but I guess that's what a good villain is supposed to do. But there are characteristics that I like about them, like their voices; I don't think any other actors could've portrayed them better
FB_IMG_1582458737395.jpg

He's not a villain, he's a hero. :)

I always feel ambivalent about this one. He's a straight up villain for most of the series and the last minute heroic reveal doesn't really excuse the majority of what he did. He's one of my favourite characters in the series but I struggle with calling him either of those things unadulterated with the other. And antihero doesn't really seem to cover it either.