The Librarians

REBerg

Registered Alien
Supporter
I watched the premier double episode of The Librarians (TNT, Sunday nights) Dec. 7 and enjoyed the combination of elements from Doctor Who and Warehouse 13.

Noah Wyle, as the Librarian, is a rumpled, distracted genius-type who even sports a bow tie during the episode. The Librarian is charged with keeping magic out of the world by collecting and protecting artifacts in an other-dimensional, sentient Library. The series was preceded by three TNT made-for-TV movies, which I have not seen.

I just watched it last night, and the similarities to Warehouse 13 are so obvious, someone should be paying royalties. Looks decent, I will give it a shot.

Looks like Syfy should be the royalty-paying party. I did a quick check and found that the Librarian flicks came out in 2004, 2006 and 2008, whereas the first episode of Warehouse 13 aired in 2009.

Derivative or not, at least the new series promises to be entertaining. No one else has given me ninjas in Oklahoma.

Seems only natural that offspring bear some resemblance to their parents.

Both Warehouse 13 and the Librarians have also been compared to the Indiana Jones series.

Altogether, a superlative DNA pool. Hope the series has legs.

The Christmas episode was entertaining -- different, funny and slightly touching. Inspired casting with Bruce Campbell Santa Claus/St. Nicholas.

I love Warehouse 13 but somehow cannot get stuck into The Librarians eventhough both series are similar. I tried but it seems too fake. Warehouse 13 can been cheesy too but it's knowingly cheesy, if that makes any sense?

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I have only seen the premier two-hour presentation, but the rest are recorded on my DVR. I have never seen any of the films (I believe there were three) that were made before the show. I originally set it to record primarily because of Christian Kane and actually liked the show as a whole.

I never enjoyed Warehouse 13 because there just weren't any characters I enjoyed.

I'm liking the Librarians more as the show developes. The last episode, "And The Apple of Discord", was a tasty treat. Dragons, the "real" librarian returning, a conclave of magical beings, Rome, Cassandra turning evil-what more could you ask for? Now I'm really looking forward to seeing this show do well enough in the ratings to stick around.

I'm liking the Librarians more as the show developes. The last episode, "And The Apple of Discord", was a tasty treat. Dragons, the "real" librarian returning, a conclave of magical beings, Rome, Cassandra turning evil-what more could you ask for? Now I'm really looking forward to seeing this show do well enough in the ratings to stick around.

I think there is definitely an audience for this one.:)

I think there is definitely an audience for this one.:)

Deadline says you're right. I can't post links yet so I'll just sum it up: The Librarians pilot episode was cable's most watched debut of 2014. Pulling in 5.4 million viewers. It's dropped to the mid-3 million mark since, but I'm guessing it's because Noah Wyle doesn't have the lead role anymore.

I loved the movies and have been watching them ever since the first one in 2004! I was so happy when they decided to do a TV series, because the third one was only so-so. Now, we have an american Doctor Who type show on our hands. It's a very original show on top of that too!

Episode 5 benefited by the return of The Doctor, oops, make that The Librarian. The writers are giving Noah Wyle some real dialogue gems, like “Three things that dragons love – sleeping, Russ Meyer movies and riddles.”

I just saw the trailer for this one. Hopefully I can catch the premier on On Demand. Admittedly, the first thing about this that caught my attention was Christian Kane. I really liked his character in the Angel series years ago.

Good news, for the benefit of those of us who are me (sorry, stole that from an early Buffy episode): TNT has scheduled reruns of The Librarian movies.

Quest for the Spear (2004) is set for Jan. 4; Return to King Solomon's Mines (2006), Jan. 11.

I don't know if the third flick, Curse of the Judas Chalice (2008) will run on Jan. 18, but that would he the logical extension.

I'll watch them with my brain set in “prequel” mode.

Just note ONLY Noah Wyle is in the movie. None of the other characters in the series is. The movies, however are better.

If this show manages a full series run, then it might end up being better then the films. :)