HELP: Seeking 60's (?) French Sci Fi Film Title

gargoyle7

Doing this for a friend who is DESPERATELY seeking to recapture a sci-fi memory from his childhood, we need your help!

All he remembers is the plot line, French scientist doing all his calculating/formulas on flower pots in his greenhouse, we *believe* there was some interplanetary travel, perhaps to Mars? (never seen that in any old sci-fi!:) He believes the film was produced by the Topaz Co. He remembers seeing it in 1962 but may be produced earlier?

To find the name would be stellar, to find the actual film would be INTERstellar:)

Thank you for any help you might offer!

Lee in NC

Greetings! I have a possibility for you...it's an Italian film named Il pianeta degli uomini spenti from 1961. It's title in English is Battle of the Worlds. One of its stars is the great Claude Rains. I remember a scene in a greenhouse that sounds very similar to what you're describing, and I believe Mars is important to the plot. You can read about it at IMDB or Wikipedia.

Hope this is what your friend is looking for, CC

Greetings! I have a possibility for you...it's an Italian film named Il pianeta degli uomini spenti from 1961. It's title in English is Battle of the Worlds. One of its stars is the great Claude Rains. I remember a scene in a greenhouse that sounds very similar to what you're describing, and I believe Mars is important to the plot. You can read about it at IMDB or Wikipedia.

Hope this is what your friend is looking for, CC

Thank you SO much, we are looking into it now:)