The Flash S109 The Man in the Yellow Suit

Jesse412

Old Curmudgeon
Barry chasing Reverse Flash and getting his ass handed to him at the football field was great. Honestly wasn't expecting Firestorm to show up and save Barry. I was wondering what Eddie expected his taskforce to actually be able to do against The Flash. Wow great end scene reveal with Dr. Wells!

Pretty tricky, that Wells. I had him pegged to be the Reverse(Yellow?) Flash, then
he gets beat up by him! And at the end, he has the yellow suit-what the heck?
Tough to figure out where the story is going-unless it's following the comics, which I haven't read, and won't(don't want to spoil the surprise).

The only way I can explain myself of what happened is that somehow reverse-flash travelled in time to conduct his business. Maybe he is truly fastest man in life, but using Cisco's analogue, the Flash learns how to travel in time at some point in history. But then it all goes too mumble jumble, wimmy wammy Dr Who kind of mess of which we don't nothing, other than that these two are going to confront each other at some point.

What I don't understand is that if Dr Wells is truly the Reverse-Flash, then why is he helping Barry instead of rendering him into something useless. I mean does he has some sort super-villain complex, where in order him to become Reverse-Flash, he has to have arch-nemesis or he won't become the Reverse-Flash?

Don't know but I'm going to wait anxiously for the spring-season to start rolling in the small screen.

And to complicate things even more, Cisco noted that Barry saw 2 lightning flashes, yellow and red, when his mother was killed-so who is the red? Barry? So complicated. Where's Matt Smith when you need him to explain timey-wimey events?

I figure that's what all the handwaving about magic tachyons was about: Antiflash (Reverse Flash, seriously?) can now travel back in time and, apparently, Barry will eventually be able to but can't save his mom. As far as why Wells is helping Barry, I thought it was as a guinea pig and a sort of "tension exercise" - the more Wells can learn about and from Barry the more he can learn to apply to himself and the harder Barry gets to beat, the harder Wells is to beat. But that part doesn't really make sense to me after all as Wells seems plenty far ahead of Barry and to know enough even without using himself or Barry as a test subject in any dangerous way.

I will say, though, that I hate the time-travel element that's now in this as it leads to causal headaches that I don't want and don't think the show needs. But oh well.

Aside from that, it was pretty good, if a bit cluttered, and even if we've already seen plenty of Barry/Joe bonding moments and such.

I have just finished watching this episode and I'm like: "WHOA!"

Lots of great scenes here - Barry finally confessing to Iris and the end scene which had me going: "What the--??!!"

Barry finally confessing to Iris and the end scene which had me going: "What the--??!!"

Bastards. That's what I said. They knew what they were doing and they left the whole thing hanging like a puppet on the string, knowing that the audience would go nuts. And they did, but not as much on what happened on Arrow. Man ... * shakes his head *... not happy.

Bastards. That's what I said. They knew what they were doing and they left the whole thing hanging like a puppet on the string, knowing that the audience would go nuts. And they did, but not as much on what happened on Arrow. Man ... * shakes his head *... not happy.

Well, not as big a ******* as Starz who have left Outlander fans hanging for SIX WHOLE FRICKIN' MONTHS between end Septmber 2014 and April 2015.

Still... bastards one and all!

Last edited:
Reactions: ctg
I loved the episode and since I never followed the comics I only have limited amount of information to go on. They left us with a good cliffhanger. At least we didn't have to wait until March like some shows.

A really strong episode - anti-Flash!

Barry confesses to Iris!

Dr Wells has a yellow anti-Flash suit!

But...how can Dr Wells be Yellow Flash when Yellow Flash was also beating him up?

And if Yellow Flash was fighting a Red Flash when Barry's mother was killed, then how does that relate to Dr Wells??

I had presumed so far that Wells was Yellow Flash. But now I'm confused about how he can confront himself, and how a red Flash can confront him in the past?

However, they have introduced Tachyons - the infamous deus ex machina that allows travel into the past. So presumably that will explain it in a way that's hopefully convincing...