New chronversation - 11th January 9pm GMT

Jo Zebedee

Aliens vs Belfast.
Supporter
The next Twitter panel is on. Whoo hoo! It's on 11th January, on Twitter at 9pm GMT, discussing writing groups: what makes a good one; how they can assist your writing; what to put in place to ensure they meet needs; virtual and face-to-face protocols and any other devilishly hard questions you can think of.

The panellists, with full bios etc to come nearer the time, are:

Teresa Edgerton
Harebrain
Millymollymo
Juliana
Hex - who can dish the dirt on me (shivering)

More details nearer the time, but stick it in the diary, if you can!

OK. Total beginner's question here: how do I get involved in this? Need a words-of-one-syllable idiot's guide please....

Join Twitter.

Up at the top right there's a search box. Type #sffchrons into it, and you should see the discussion.

At the top centre there's a box saying "What's happening?" -- write your tweet in that (don't forget to add #sffchrons to your tweet), and click "tweet" and we'll see what you're saying.

At the top centre there's a box saying "What's happening?" -- write your tweet in that (don't forget to add #sffchrons to your tweet), and click "tweet" and we'll see what you're saying.

I do not see this box.

But it doesn't say "what's happening" so I am not sure how to keep track when things start to move fast. Also, I tried TweetDeck and there was nowhere to click to register a new account, and where it said to log in with my Twitter account it didn't like my password. Which, as Gary or Sarah set up my account when they made my surprise blog, I possibly don't know if it is not the same one as the one for the blog.

I'm not whining, just wanting to warn you all that I might be slow with my answers and way behind the rest of you. So if I seem to disappear from the discussion fear not. I'll just be trying to catch up.

Up until now I've just put the #sffchrons into the search option and followed the hashtag itself, which should be fine, I think, for you. It's just that I'm following five busy conversations this time that I've went all high tech.

OK, well, I'll do my best. I used to be pretty hopeless in multi-person conversations in chat rooms because I was so slow.

I've got two browser windows on-screen (after much mucking about), one with the hashtag and one with my own account. Time will tell if this is any help ...

I see the "what's happening" window when I use Firefox. The problem there is that I am somewhere else on Firefox on my computer. I've switched to my husband's computer but again there is trouble with my password. They say they will email me and allow me to set a new password, but so far no email.