Do You Think Mystery Science Theater 3000 Needs to come Back?

No. I hate people talking through a movie, even bad ones!

And from what I remember, the host or hosts were idiots who didn't even try to get into the movie.

A lot of hard work went into those bad movies.:)

I have a few MST on DVD and the reason for that is that I discovered, when you buy it, you also get a copy of the original movie without all the talking. I found it a good way to get copies of movies that were otherwise hard to find.

I have a few MST on DVD and the reason for that is that I discovered, when you buy it, you also get a copy of the original movie without all the talking. I found it a good way to get copies of movies that were otherwise hard to find.

In the case of This Island Earth, The film makers really screwed it up badly .

Id like to see them do their take on the Ernest movies.;)

I never watched it--I saw the feature film but do I need cinema karaoke?
I think it promotes disrespect to older films and artists.

If I watch an old movie and find something funny--I don't need someone to tell me what to laugh at.

They should be doing it to modern big budget movies more so than older cheap films.
But maybe modern films are so devoid of passion that the effect would be negligible.

Based on their comments for This Island Earth, they appear to enjoy mocking the passion or enthusiasm put into a cheap movie, especially where actor performances were the main selling point.

I have heard people say that what they like about Asylum or Sy-Fy movies is that they can mock them. They were made to mock.
Those old movies were never made to mocked. It Conquered the World was meant to be taken seriously--you suspend disbelief and buy into the drama.
I feel sorry for people who can't do that.