Constantine S107 Blessed are the Damned

Jesse412

Old Curmudgeon
The setting of the creepy snake-handling was great. I liked seeing another angel show up. I wasn't expecting Imogen to be one of the fallen. Her wings turning all black once the feather was returned to her was a cool visual though. Nice to see Manny actually do something too.

I agree, this was a great one to get more detail on the Angels. Manny appears to be on the good side, even if he was his doubts as to humanity's choices.

The preacher was an interesting character (not too OTT), but I must admit to being similar to Zed in my opinions of religion. The "rising darkness" is now enabling things to escape from hell, and Angels to take corporeal form. Can't be good...

That was a SMASHING episode! I think that once Constantine is fully developed as a TV series (IF the Powers-That-Be at NBC allows it to fully develop), it may well surpass Supernatural.

That was a SMASHING episode! I think that once Constantine is fully developed as a TV series (IF the Powers-That-Be at NBC allows it to fully develop), it may well surpass Supernatural.
I don't know about passing Supernatural, and that show is pretty awesome. I feel that Constantine is getting better every week and hope it does get picked up. Seems a lot of angels always feel humans are not worthy of whatever God has given them. I think it's jealousy.

OK this may be crushingly obvious but I had a bit of an "ohhhhhh" moment when it occurred to me that Manny=Emmanuel... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immanuel
Supernatural is a show I'm sure I'd like, I watched the first episode a while back.. but there's so many seasons that I doubt I'll ever find the time to watch it. And I like to watch a show properly if I watch it, not dip in and out...

Yay, another good episode! As the reports say, Constantine found its feet with S104 A Feast of Friends and except for S106 Curse of Caliban has continued with strong episodes.

Highlights in this episode:

- no big focus on gore
- a mystery with a twist
- continued development of supporting characters - Chas has a son; Zed wants to believe, and is also being hunted
- Manny does something - and there will be consequences
- focus, yet again, on the general human element of the story

Especially liked the twist that the preacher had accidentally killed his own father, and so had been on his way to Hell - and had been given the feather, rather than taken it. Even more so - that he wasn't killed by the ghouls he created, but instead, was left to remain alive and face the consequences of what he had done.

This is all what Constantine needs to be about, and they did it well. Even better, my family are finally happy to watch it without being nagged - the TV series now stands on its own two feet, without relying on nostalgia for the Hellblazer comic.