SWORDS OF TRUTH

AlexanderSen

Cosmic Ghost
I designed some Holy Weapons for my series - The O Series. I am not sure where to post this but I thought I'd just post it up and see what peopel think! Based upon both Chinese and Japanese Mythologies it is set in a futuristic world with MBF(Mobile Battle Frames) and advanced tech which borders on magic. These flying swords are made of super hartd metal and travel at amazing fast speeds which can cut through tank armor like a hot knife through butter. Controled by the mind they are psychic blades which can attack from any direction, but they also carry some mythological and symbolic(metaphoric) meanings as well. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Kusunagi-770x1024.jpg
    Kusunagi-770x1024.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 215
  • Masamune-770x1024.jpg
    Masamune-770x1024.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 225
  • Muramasa-770x1024.jpg
    Muramasa-770x1024.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 194
Honestly, I think you're jumping the gun a little.

I know for my own WIP I have a great idea for a trailer, based on a series of pencil sketches - I even sought out artists to draw them.

I mentioned this to literary agent, John Jarrold, over breakfast at one of the conventions. He basically told me to stop thinking ahead on everything - it's the words that matter, nothing else.

In this instance, I'm sure the weapon ideas are wonderful. But they are not going to write the story, tell the story, or make the story complete and polished. They are an incidental detail. All the time you invest your creative energies into things like this, you are in danger of neglecting your main story,

And if you do that, it may never get finished - then all of these wonderful sketches become entirely irrelevant.

All just in personal opinion.

Is this your almost manga thing alexander sen?
They look soooooo cool.

Have you set it up for a gaming base too?
Your art is like amazing.

Hahaha~ Actually it didn't take that long. I am more of as graphic designer and artist than a writer, but I have always dreamed of making a cool sci-fi world. So without anyone to rely on and having gone through a life death experience and almost losing everything I said, "What the heck, I might as well do what I want in this life time and just enjoy it while it lasts. Who knows when we die? Why not just live the life you want to live?" So then I just started writing and creating this crazy scifi/fantasy world of mine. If I ever get the money together I would get a real one made of each of these swords and then put them on magnets so they float on display. Crazy dream, no? Well, I have my dream, but I wouldn't mind working or collaborating on some projects to get more experience. Peace!

you gotta get your story together alexander sen.. then make a pitch to wingnut productions with it.. for sure. that is the place for wild and crazy dreams to take flight.

Sometimes the art can work well for conceptualizing[story boarding]so this is not a totally bad thing.

It would have extra weight if some of what you were doing in the actual design was checking weight and balance and such[which would give it greater purpose]. And it might add to the story. As it is I suppose if you do a website related you can use them for that. I have a few chicken scratched drawings for conceptualization. I also have used open-sim to do some 3D rendered 'stages' where I could simulate some of the world. Those all were used for making decisions about where I might want to stick with facts and where I needed to stretch things beyond belief and hope for the best.

Who know maybe something you end up with will act as a part of the eventual cover if you are considering self publishing.

Still, as has been mentioned you really need to write.

I love to write, but unfortunately I am not sure if I will ever get good enough at it. I have a first draft with enough material for 3-5 books, but as much it is me doing what I want, it's also getting it to a polished enough level for people to enjoy, and unfortunately I can only do so much. :p
I have some ideas which I want to contribute to creating the world I want which I thought would be cool. But I only have so much time in my life, and I still have to find a way to pay the bills, as well as raise a family. I want to create something that people love and enjoy, but only having so much time, I am only good for certain things, thus I might as well as focus on the things I am good at. What I could use is a co-writer of some sort. Know of anybody? ;)

Hahaha~ Well, I just got to cash together. Look I got the cash, really I do! I just can't pay you today is all... Hmmm... I should use this in my other book: Overpop - A Bigger Smaller World. ;P

I have four young kids, work long and unsociable hours and have a wife. All these things demand huge amounts of my time. I do have a co-writer for some of my writing but that means i still have to write half of those works. I even find time to indulge my other interests occasionaly.
It can be done :)

BTW but back to the topic, what do people think of the metaphors and ideas associated with the flying swords? I drew the ideas from Japanese Mythos, I was thinking I could create more swords from other mythos as well, or create my own names with their own mythos... Personally, I love the Japanese swords names, but I worry if it is too Japanesey for a greater audience. :p

The story itself evolves around a dystopian ruined world which now the reminants live on floating rocks and islands on a broken and shattered land with floating rock islands in a sea of mist and cloud.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think you're jumping the gun a little.

I know for my own WIP I have a great idea for a trailer, based on a series of pencil sketches - I even sought out artists to draw them.

I mentioned this to literary agent, John Jarrold, over breakfast at one of the conventions. He basically told me to stop thinking ahead on everything - it's the words that matter, nothing else.

In this instance, I'm sure the weapon ideas are wonderful. But they are not going to write the story, tell the story, or make the story complete and polished. They are an incidental detail. All the time you invest your creative energies into things like this, you are in danger of neglecting your main story,

And if you do that, it may never get finished - then all of these wonderful sketches become entirely irrelevant.

All just in personal opinion.
Totally agree. I used to fall into the trap of character creation and then drain all my creative energies, as you put it, in drawing pictures and concepts of them. Made some decent images, but did nothing with the story they were meant to be in - to the point where I would get bored with the idea and drop it, making the pictures kinda pointless and the time and energy spent creating them wasted. What's the point of "cool" looking characters and gear if there's no story for them to grow in.

That's just my own experience, of course.