The Flash S102 - Fastest man alive

Jesse412

Old Curmudgeon
My first impression of The Flash pilot is that it's more Smallville than Arrow. I didn't mind the costume when they debuted it months ago but now I'm really hoping they update it with less muted colors.
Loved the Grodd easter egg. Not a fan of the Geoff Johns origin but I do like Professor Zoom. The CGI used in the bank scene when the stained glass ceiling shattered wasn't great. Honestly prefer the Rogue's powers based on technology. I do kind of like that Barry has team Flash as support at S.T.A.R. Labs. Probably the best scene is when Ollie shows up and CW spoiled that months ago. That last scene was interesting and unexpected.

Episode 2 "Fastest Man Alive" was decent. Starting to actually like Grant Gustin as Barry in this episode.
The treadmill scene was kind of funny. Pretty cool showing of Multiplex's powers. I like Detective West being part of the S.T.A.R. Labs team. The final fight scene definitely reminded me of the Neo vs Smith fight in Matrix Reloaded. Tom Cavanagh is doing a good job as Dr. Wells.

Since I didn't read the comics I liked him right away when he appeared on Arrow. Grant isn't what most expected him to look like but he's making the role his own and I love him.