weekend fun challenge... don't use Google

FibonacciEddie

Supporter
anyone want play a word game...?

you have to construct a sentence, or paragraph, or section which utilises the same actual word the most times concurrently... no homonyms ... identical words (same spelling, same meaning)

for instance...

My friend Ben is a pub sign painter, last week, while he was painting a sign for the pub 'The Dog and Duck', he ran out of paint. Unfortunately, the areas between Dog and and, and and and Duck , was left bare.

(feel free to offer punctuation disagreements)

clearly if there are no responses by Sunday evening, I will quietly delete the post and go back into my box.

:)

An example of how my first novel might have read after the first draft (in style rather than content). Hopefully style, grammar, punctuation and above all content have improved over the last 8 months!

As she felt her way in the dark he felt her bum; it felt smooth and round, so he felt it a little more. She felt indignant at this uncalled for intimacy and made sure he felt the back of her hand; she felt much better for it.

Kerry, you missed a 'felt'! Could not the smooth bum have been clothed in felt? :)

ps--I felt kind of dirty reading this. :)

Last edited:
To get all legal (because Miranda is involved), my singing of a certain song would be:

I, I, I, I, I, I like you very much; I, I, I, I, I, I think you're grand.

If you can't find Google, go To Duck Duck Go. Type Google into Duck Duck Go then go to Google. Gabble, gibble...

So before I start when you say don't use google; did you mean not to use the word google, as in I google google and the google page displayed everything I wanted to know about google? Or did you just mean don't use google to find a sentence to use here?

As in 'Where James had had had George had had had had had had had had the examiners approval' ?

Yep... that's the one... and moreover, it is one of two things from "life" (not related to personal matters - e.g., friends/family) that I expect to remember to my last moments - it is utterly wonderful.

the other (somewhat pseud-ish) is "e to the i pi equals minus 1"

Unfortunately this is used as an example of homonyms and homophones and by the OP's original loose rules is disqualified.

Seeing as @FibonacciEddie kinda broke his own rules with "If you google Google, Google stops working," I'm going to allow myself the tiniest silver of leeway ;)

But point taken.

Amnesties all round!
:)

I actually have a slightly different answer to Chrispenycate

Setting the scene...

James and George were both completing a multiple choice question as part of their grammar test. The question had two answers, a) had, and b) had had.
They chose different answers.

a)
Chris put this.
'Where James had had had George had had had had had had had had the examiners approval'
3 hads/George/8 hads

I think we can get a slightly higher number of hads by use of a something-or-other... (I am painfully aware that Chris is a spectacular grammarsist and so I won't try to explain what I have done...)

James, where George had had had, had had had had. Had had had had the examiner's approval.
11 hads...

weekend over...
boooo...