Discussion Thread - 100 Word Anon Writing Challenge for December 2014

farntfar

Venu d'un pays ou il ne pleut pas
Further to my message in the Discussion Thread - 100 Word Anon Writing Challenge - Nov 2014 The powers that be (Springs, Ratsy and Mosaix), of whom I am in fear and awe, have asked me to start this challenge earlier than I had anticipated, so as to avoid conflict with the 75 worder.

I therefore propose to use the following timetable.

This evening (French time) the theme will be posted.

Entries should be PMed to me from midnight (GMT) tonight until midnight (GMT) on the 15th of December, after which the voting poll will open, and will remain open until midnight on the 19th.

Get ready to overheat your thinking caps!

The December challenge is now up.

Remember to PM your entries to me for posting.

Have fun. (I'm as lost about what to do with the theme as you are. :))

Last edited:
I suppose you could like it and then unlike it -- but I probably wouldn't see that. :D

(You may not have been around long enough to know that we often threaten not to vote for people who come up with wicked complicated challenge themes when they win -- the first being chrispenycate after he gave us "Nourishment -- in the style of Rudyard Kipling".)

:p Well, I liked and unliked that post five times. I'm sure we all know what that means.

Ohhhh, this is interesting! A bit scary, but interesting! I have an idea...not sure where it will lead me, but there is time. You really put the 'challenge' back in Challenge, Robert! (I promise, btw, that my story will be more interesting than the previous sentence!:))

No. 2's in.
Keep 'em coming.

Don't worry Robert. You're clearly inspiring some of our members. :)

OMG, there are four stories in already (or, as I count things, five :)). Very impressive work everyone! I am not sure if I am in yet or not, but I will say very cool stories so far. Looks to be another great challenge with diverse, entertaining tales.

Yup. You've been keeping me busy already, people. (Which I'm not complaining about. :))
Just don't tell my boss how much work time I'm spending on it.

Talking of which, I'm at a meeting with a client all day tomorrow, so don't expect an instant response if you post during the French daytime.

Well if that is not the most messed up Challenge that I've ever seen... in the style of Foghorn Leghorn would have sealed the deal

Well I dig it...I mean, it's Shakespeare! And it's Shakespeare 400+ years after the lines were written, so convert their essence to modern times! And they're beautiful words to interpret in any way a person sees fit to interpret them! (AND...I've just needlessly explained the theory behind writing a story for a Crons challenge, sorry!:))

We have a wonderful variety of stories already on the very first day. Seems like a pretty successful challenge so far! :)

I think it's very cool. I have no idea what to write, yet, but I'm going to come up with something. Really. It may not make any sense, of course...

And while I'm here -- we don't actually need the words in the story, do we? It's the theme of the words' meaning...? Or is it?