All-women planet; sperm-draining machine.

ForeverOK

Hi, I've been running into dead ends for awhile now on this: what is the novel where a man is trapped on an all-women planet, and assumes he will be 'top dog' but instead is hooked up to a sperm draining machine? Many thanks so I won't have more sleepless nights.....

This sounds like a portion of Harlan Ellison's Vic and Blood The chronicles of A Boy and His Dog which underwent several diverse evolution in various media. There is one portion where he goes under ground to discover a world where mostly women are born and he's been lured with the hope of freshening up the human stock and possibly begin producing men again. In the movie made from this they did try hooking him to a machine.

Virgin Planet by Poul Anderson had the all-women plot, but the only machine was used for parthogenesis.

Maybe Carnival by Elizabeth Bear?
I haven't read it, I just stumbled over a review on another site and it made me think of this unanswered question

Probably not right, but Edmund Cooper’s Five to Twelve featured a mostly female population where the menfolk were treated as second class citizens. I don’t remember too much about it, though.

I read Five to Twelve quite recently and it's not that. Sounds to me like Tinkerdan has it - especially considering the film.

On that theme ...
For British authors of a certain age (i.e., me) ... don't forget The Two Ronnies "The Worm That Turned"
... just trying to lighten the mood
:)

For that matter, both Futurama and the UK show The Comic Strip had episodes based on this concept (the Comic Strip one was, IIRC, about an arty novelist called Martin Aimless), so I suspect that it's based on something.

For that matter, both Futurama and the UK show The Comic Strip had episodes based on this concept

Yeah, I tried to find out if there were any known inspirations for the Futurama episode (Amazon Women in the Mood) that might fit the bill, but no luck.

You might find the novel Alph by Charles Eric Maine to be of interest.

For that matter, both Futurama and the UK show The Comic Strip had episodes based on this concept (the Comic Strip one was, IIRC, about an arty novelist called Martin Aimless), so I suspect that it's based on something.

I don't remember the Comic Strip one (I have Bad News / More Bad News on a constant loop in my head)