NBC stalls production of "Constantine" at 13 episodes

:( Sorry TBS...I know this one has got to hurt. I was so hopeful the show would be picked up elsewhere.

Ooh, nice. I've been following Arrow from the start, and would love to see a show crossover take place. Plus, Oliver will probably find John really annoying and disturbing so that would make for some fun show dynamics. :D

Ooh, nice. I've been following Arrow from the start, and would love to see a show crossover take place. Plus, Oliver will probably find John really annoying and disturbing so that would make for some fun show dynamics. :D

As far as I call:

Oliver = Angsty, angsty, angsty and not afraid to show it.
John = Always tries to avoid/laugh off/repress his angst.

Polar opposites in a way. Definitely will be a source of tension.

Wonder what will happen if when John makes a play for one of Oliver's women... :D
I'm thinking undead Thea would go for him!

Dunno? Stopped watching ARROW half-way through Season 2 as I couldn't get with whiny Laurel.

But it would be great drama to see Oliver and John square off over *anything*.

Matt Ryan’s winning guest star turn in Arrow season 4 (see: episode 5, Haunted) has revived fan interest in his televised take on DC/Vertigo Comics character John Constantine.

A new ‘Save Constantine’ petition has now appeared on Change.org, aiming to lobby any network that will listen into bringing back the series that NBC unceremoniously binned a few months ago.

“On November 4th, 2015, it was proved that the Constantine fanbase is still very much alive as evidenced by the reception to the character's appearance on the fifth episode of Arrow's fourth season,” the petition states, before listing some potential suitors for the series.

Arrow’s home network, The CW, is top of the list, which also goes on to suggest Netflix, Yahoo, The El Rey Network and the USA Network as alternative options.

At the time of writing, over 18,500 people have signed the petition. You can do the same by clicking here and handing over a few of your details.
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/constantine/37733/constantine-new-petition-to-save-the-show

I don't trust them and I will avoid their shows completely, especially as short term interest was raised as a reason for the cancellation.

NBC was once the predominant destination for comedy television, especially when it came to sitcoms. It's been quite awhile since their Must See TV heyday, but NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke is steadfast in trying to get the network back to where it needs to be in the genre.

She touched on the matter at a New Voices in Primetime Comedy panel during her time at SeriesFest2 (via THR) by highlighting a few areas where the network went wrong, like prioritizing "more lucrative half-hours" and "a couple of years of over-correction. The comedy brand got a little murky for us,” she said.

Salke now believes the network has a refined focus for their shows, intending them to be “smart, specific, a little sophisticated and not too sweet.” Salke offered an example, the blind dad-centered Growing Up Fisher, which she said contained a "saccharine" quality that they are trying to avoid. She also pledged that "we won’t cancel shows quickly.”

That last one is huge, as NBC has a habit of giving shows the ax before they've truly had a chance to build an audience. NBC's own Seinfeld, which is looked at as an all-time classic sitcom, struggled throughout its first year, and it wasn't until its second year that it truly took off. The same goes for The Office, which also struggled in its initial season.

Many fans felt the same way about their occult detective show Constantine, which got the ax after its first season. Instead of building on positive word of mouth and maybe trying to cross it over with one of DC's CW shows (which has since been accomplished), they just let it go.

All of these changes bode well for NBC's new superhero comedy Powerless, which stars Vanessa Hudgens, Alan Tudyk, Danny Pudi, Christina Kirk, Atlin Mitchell, and Nelson Wong. The show might take a while to find its rhythm and build an audience, but if the show is good, hopefully, NBC will give it some room to grow before adding it to the chopping block.
NBC Promises Not To Cancel Shows Quickly

We might have to change forum title to CW's Constantine if this goes well. Constantine can be now watched free on CW's Seed.

So, you happened to miss Constantine’s run on NBC last year? No worries! The CW has just uploaded the show’s entire first (and only!) season to stream on CW Seed.
Constantine's Entire First Season Is On CW Seed

However, with the CW now streaming Constantine online, it’s not too much to hope that the network might find a place for the hell-bound detective in its shows in the near future.

Fans were gutted when they heard that their favorite demon slayer, John Constantine, had his standalone NBC series canceled after a single season. Their efforts to revive the show through other networks failed, but now, it’s looking like Constantine might yet be saved by The CW? Could it really happen?

Speculation went rampant when after The CW uploaded Constantine's entire first season to its website, CW Seed. Viewers can now stream the season for free, but the network has strictly refused to comment on whether they’re now interested in adding Constantine to its super-powered line-up.

Understandably, the decision to stream Constantine struck fans as odd for several reasons. As Constantine belonged to NBC, the network had never aired the series on any of its affiliated channels, but there might just be a method lingering behind The CW’s madness. It’s possible that The CW is stock piling Constantine’s assets and closely monitoring how much traffic the series drives to their sites. If enough fans show interest in Constantine's return, network might be persuaded to pick the series back up.

Still, there would be some major challenges in getting the series back on TV, and one of those issues would be reuniting the cast. After Constantine was canceled, the show’s cast and crew were released from their contracts. Currently, Matt Ryan - who plays Detective Constantine - has moved onto new projects as he’s filming a WWII-period drama for Britian’s ITV.

However, it appears as if Ryan isn’t quite ready to get over his devilish character. The actor is slated to appear at several comic conventions before the year's end to talk about the show, and Ryan even reprised the role on The CW’s Arrow earlier in 2015. The character, who helped Team Arrow following Sara Lance's Lazarus Pit resurrection, went over very well with fans. So, at the very least, The CW might occasionally bring back Constantine to cameo in its various DC Comics-based shows like The Flash, Supergirl, and mor
Could Constantine Streaming On CW Seed Lead To A Second Season?

Back