NBC stalls production of "Constantine" at 13 episodes

Producers and cast of canceled shows are often the last to know. Or admit.

Here's an article that probably gives a slightly optimistic but reasonable take. But note that the producer in the quotes after the article is using HH/household numbers which are irrelevant and, even so, it slots the NBC show between three CW shows. Flash is indeed doing well but to be beating two CW shows and actually losing to one is not a sign of hope. Then again, NBC is the next closest thing to a CW.

So here's hoping for you guys but, if it doesn't work out, maybe this will help you (and the producer).

I just have to pop in and say that the fans of Hellblazer that nitpick at details are actually starting from the wrong position. The show was not intended to be an adaptation of Hellblazer (which ended), but a television retelling of Constantine (the comic book that replaced Hellblazer).

And the film Constantine with that dude from the Matrix is based off of Hellblazer issues #41-46 - which is also where Shirley derived much of his content for the first Hellblazer novel he wrote, despite it being officially described as a novelization of the Bill and Ted guy film.

And the film Constantine with that dude from the Matrix is based off of Hellblazer issues #41-46 - which is also where Shirley derived much of his content for the first Hellblazer novel he wrote, despite it being officially described as a novelization of the Bill and Ted guy film.

The "Dangerous Habits" arc, yes?

Also, I'm sniggering at how you managed not to mention the actor's name :p

Amazon.co.uk is currently listing the top most popular TV and movies on Amazon Prime on its homepage, and Constantine is at No.2:

amazon-prime.jpg

Unfortunately, it doesn't say what the ranking period is - whether it's daily, weekly, or monthly, etc.

At least the producers have a sense of humour about it: http://io9.com/constantine-tries-to-save-his-own-tv-show-in-bizarre-cl-1680408955

As for the episode, it was pretty good but tied up the previous ep's cliffhanger a bit too quickly.. I wanted to see more of that nasty creature....
John offering his soul to the demon was a little too quick to stave off the threat of the wall-creeper thing.And where did it go? I hope it returns soon and they don't just plot-device their way out of it again!

The prison scenes were good fun, although we did get a lot of Mexican stereotyping here... The eventual exorcism was nicely done although quicker than I expected. Ann-Marie's self-forgiveness being the catalyst, which was a good resolution to her arc. Hope they bring her back again too!

Oops I should have posted this in the episode thread. I'll repost so any admin that wants to delete, feel free!

I'm tempted to say, Aww, *&%#%(*!!. Instead I'll keep the faith. After all when have the studios let us down. Cough.

I'll be happy if the show continues under the Hellblazer name, and on SyFy they'd perhaps have more freedom than on a major network channel like NBC (although my knowledge of US network structure is pretty limited)..

Back