The Kane The Mystic Swordsman Series and Others By Karl Edward Wagner

As I recall (I no longer own my copies of the magazine) yes, and such was even announced as forthcoming within the next 2-3 months. I believe the announcement appeared in an old sff magazine titled Galileo, from the late 1970s or early 1980s....

Ive seen the picture of the proposed cover art. :unsure:

Im also surprised that Dark Hose Comics never adapted Kane.

Hard to create new Kane fans when they aren't in print and the second hand copies are ridiculously expensive.

I know. :confused:

But , I still want to tell people about what a wonderful writer Wagner is and what a wonderful character in Kane that he created. :confused:

What's needed is for someone to make one of the stories into a film or graphic novel or such. That would jumpstart interest into Kane certainly.

I would love to see Bloodstone on the big screen . Can you imagine what kind of epic fit that could be ? :cool: Id want the people that do the avenger films to do this one:cool:

I would love to see Bloodstone on the big screen . Can you imagine what kind of epic fit that could be ? :cool: Id want the people that do the avenger films to do this one:cool:
The problem with that is Bloodstone needs to have an 18+ rating. Done for 13+ would be too weak and bland a la Conan the Destroyer.

The problem with that is Bloodstone needs to have an 18+ rating. Done for 13+ would be too weak and bland a la Conan the Destroyer.

Agreed

Then there's the casting of Kane . Under established actors , Matt Damon if he bulked up a bit, could play Kane.

Hard to create new Kane fans when they aren't in print and the second hand copies are ridiculously expensive.
I was looking to get a copy of Bloodstone, after a recommendation by BAYLOR, but as you say it's impossible unless you want to spend a crazy amount of money.

I'll probably pick up the kindle edition if it's ever on sale but it's just not the same as a real book.

I was looking to get a copy of Bloodstone, after a recommendation by BAYLOR, but as you say it's impossible unless you want to spend a crazy amount of money.

I'll probably pick up the kindle edition if it's ever on sale but it's just not the same as a real book.

Even as a kindle , it's worth it. Its an excellent fantasy novel. :cool:

I must be a bit of a Philistine, because I read, "Night Winds," years ago, and picked up most of the other Kane stuff in e-book form.

While adequate - and without the nagging, "Could do better," that marks a lot of Moorcock and Stephen Donaldson - I never found them all that remarkable, the sort of thing you read once and move on.

Sorry for late reply , I just saw this comment . In the anthology Elric Tales of the White Wolf Michel Moorcock let other writers do Elric storys, it's quit a good anthology. among the stories is one by Karl Edward Wagner A Gothic Touch In this story Kane encounters Elric and Moonglum. It's not one his better stories but, I still enjoyed because it was new Kane related story.:)

Sadly it, was the last one he wrote. He died the year it was published.:confused: