Sherlock S201 - A Scandal in Belgravia

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Started watching season 2 of Sherlock last night, and loved this first episode.

The three previous ones I found to be very variable - sometimes very believable and engaging (S101 - A Study in Pink), to howling cliches (the Chinese gangsters in S102 - The Blind Banker).

This episode captivated me from start to finish, and Adler was wonderful as a nemesis - demonstrably out-witting Sherlock on multiple occasions.

This was much more enjoyable than the portrayal of Moriarty, who we've not seen actually do much, other than turn up looking like half of Ant & Dec doing a camp melodrama routine).

Especially enjoyed the 4-digit password, what it revealed, and how Adler had set Sherlock up with it.

I like to be left guessing, rather than feeling stupid or treated like an idiot. I thought this episode did the former very well as Sherlock and Adler constantly attempted to out-do one another.

Yeah. A good episode. Did you guess the combo? I did,and I'm guessing many others also. It was a great of example that however intelligent Sherlock is, the simplest puzzle based on around humour and emotions he couldn't fathom fpr ages.

Unlike most other variations of the Sherlock story (with the possible exception of Rathbone's Holmes) this series is more about the relationship between Holmes and Watson than it is about solving crime; which is great to see.

Started watching season 2 of Sherlock last night, and loved this first episode.

The three previous ones I found to be very variable - sometimes very believable and engaging (S101 - A Study in Pink), to howling cliches (the Chinese gangsters in S102 - The Blind Banker).

My reaction was completely the opposite (I am sorry to say).

I very much liked the first series, and thought episode 2 was the best.

S2E1 I found unwatchable -- to my chagrin. I thought that Holmes and Watson well cast, but I could not handle the dialogue in parts of S2E1.

I'm a big fan of Sherlock Holmes, so perhaps I will give this series another looky-loo.