Constantine S105 Danse Vaudou

Jesse412

Old Curmudgeon
I thought this was one of the better episodes so far.
Nice to see Jim Corrigan show up. Starting to really like Angelica Celaya as Zed. I liked seeing Papa Midnite and John work together. The gore under the one ghost's mask looked pretty good and I laughed when Chas started asking her questions. Loved that Zed saw Corrigan as The Spectre at the end.

Agreed! Though I thought the best episode so far is still Episode 4.

They did show Constantine smoking this episode! Whatever happened to the FCC's rule about not showing TV characters smoking?!

Last edited:
We don't need spoiler tags now that there's a thread per episode :)

Just watched the ep and it was another good one. Starting to see a bit more of the way things work between John and Midnite, but still not getting a vibe that they have any history other than what's been shown on seen. So it may be that the sow is treating them as 2 people who will become allies going forward but are very mistrustful to start with.

It was interesting to see Midnite brought down a peg or 2 with the news that his voodoo was out of control and forcing him to accept that John does know what he's talking about.

Things don't look good for the cop though, after Zeds premonition!

Things don't look good for the cop though, after Zeds premonition!

The cop (John Corrigan) is supposed to be The Spectre - another comic book character in Constantine's universe that all the fanpeople are very excited about! :)

Also - I guess we all got used to be considerate and using the spoiler button :)

I think they have completely abandoned the pilot episode and what happened there, as the map is now completely different, plus Zed isn't the same woman that we saw in there. Rest of the stuff is shaping up very nicely even if some of the viewers, including me, might feel a bit lost on why they switched the female lead.

They did show Constantine smoking this episode! Whatever happened to the FCC's rule about not showing TV characters smoking?!

That's second time he has smoked in the series. And I think the reason is that the producers know that Government has banned smoking but they cannot completely remove his habits. Not when his whole demeanour is build upon these certain things that fans know so very well.

Starting to see a bit more of the way things work between John and Midnite, but still not getting a vibe that they have any history other than what's been shown on seen. So it may be that the sow is treating them as 2 people who will become allies going forward but are very mistrustful to start with.

They could had made Papa Midnight to be his ally from the very beginning. However, I think they had to give a bit of bad boy charisma to the voodoo priest, as most of the people Constantine knows are one way or another dabbling with the dark side.

I thought this was the best episode so far. From beginning to end, it felt as though the story just flowed nicely, with none of the scenes being out of tune with the rest of the story(as I feel happened occasionally in the series so far). It did well in the ratings this week with 3.54 million viewers.

think they have completely abandoned the pilot episode and what happened there, as the map is now completely different, plus Zed isn't the same woman that we saw in there.
Zed is a new character that came in episode 2 after (I want to call her Ana) left. Zed is more useful to the ongoing plot, with her psychic abilities..

But Ana(?) marked the blood spots on the map before she went I think. Although fresh spots show up now, when they need to go somewhere...

Another strong episode, not least because we are getting the human side of the stories now, and the sense of tragedy. As in the previous episode, no one attempted to do harm, only good, but it back-fired because they were inadvertently dealing with forces outside of their expectations.

Also - at last! - Zed has more than a name and convenient visions! The suggestion of a back story coming out for her was a really good point of tension.

Corrigan? Wondered why I knew that name. This could get seriously interesting!! Even beyond the tension of Zed's premonition of his future!