Agents of SHIELD S208 - The Things We Bury

Jesse412

Old Curmudgeon
Episode 8 "The Things We Bury"
So the artifact is a key to the Kree city. Peggy Carter shows up briefly. Starting to like Reed Diamond as Daniel Whitehall and I thought the flashbacks were interesting. Nice to see Fitz get back into the field. Sucks that Trip was shot. Ward continues to be more interesting as a villain. The Kyle MacLachlan scene was pretty good.

Reed Diamond and Dichen Lachman in the same episode - deja vu all over again. Couldn't believe that they got rid of her like that but I guess it's interesting she appears to be Skye's alien mom... or something.

This show got way too comic-booky insider and not-for-a-general-audience though.

Still, interesting stuff. Good to see Fitz lending one and a half hands to the cause.

Never commented on the last episode - loved the "I like my bosses unscrambled" line.

I don't know about it not being for general audience, J-Sun. I don't read comic books and neither does my husband, and we watch it with the kids (10 and 12). We're all big fans of the series. In fact, oddly enough, my 12yo - the only comic reader among us - is actually the least interested in it. :D

This was a nice, zippy episode.
I loved Simmons fangirling about the files. "Peggy carter touched this, with her own hands!"

I don't know about it not being for general audience, J-Sun. I don't read comic books and neither does my husband, and we watch it with the kids (10 and 12). We're all big fans of the series.

I don't mean the series as a whole or maybe even the ep as a whole (I said "show" which was an ambiguous/wrong word) but was thinking particularly of the "who is Red Skull" scene where I think three characters were doing fast dialog amongst each other about it and it just sounded very... well, something not right. And that colored the episode generally from there. Overall, I think they've done a good job with that sort of thing but just worry that the deeper it goes, the tougher sledding it will get. Similarly with all the movie tie-ins. I haven't seen any of these movies and I never know what they're talking about with them - you just have to listen close, infer fast, and hope you got the gist.

Good point - I think I can skip spoiler warnings now that these threads are separate and in their own forum as long as its not in advance of the current episode - about Simmons and Carter. I had no interest in the show but since they're removing Shield and inserting Carter I figured I'd sit through it at least for awhile but I did like the little flashbacks of Carter - not familiar with the actress but I liked her. So now I have more of a reason to watch it than just no reason not to. Still think we've got enough prequels running around, though. ;)

Similarly with all the movie tie-ins. I haven't seen any of these movies and I never know what they're talking about with them - you just have to listen close, infer fast, and hope you got the gist.

I think you're right about that; you'd really have to watch the Avengers-related movies, especially both Cap movies, to follow some of what goes on. Especially now with the Red Skull theme.

Good to get the back story on Whitehall and his incarceration by Shield. And how he gained his immortality(?)

Senator Ward's unfortunate end, or the scene at the Well at least, was interesting and closes the mystery of Ward the younger's fate which has been open for a while...

I watched the first Captain America but don't really remember that much about it if I'm honest. Cap 2 covered the fall of Shield/rise of Hydra which is obviously a big plot point for the show last season, but I think the show did a good job of making sure that you could understand what was happening if you'd not seen the films..